Cheers again-buckets of beer

dyin2cruz

You can purchase buckets of beer but they aren't covered by cheers. They will probably count one of the beers toward your 15 though, at least that's how they did it when I got them. Fun shops will not count toward your 15.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

With the buckets of beer... YMMV I guess. its definitely against the rules and you can not purchase them not use them in the cheers program according to the rules. so if they tell you that you cant, please know that is the rules. some bartenders might accommodate

If I order a bucket of beer and pay separately for it, will it count towards my 15 a day?

We did that last cruise on the Paradise. You can get a bucket any time you want. The thing is, you can order 1 at a time each and have to wait a few minutes for the register to clear you for the next.About 2-3 minutes. We wanted to bring beer off in Cozumel. We had no problem getting a six pack each in our coolers. It took about 15 minutes to get clearance. We went early in the morning to the bar and packed up. Each beer counted against the 15. Being we were off the ship for 9 hrs we probably wouldn't had hit our limit that day.

If you buy a tube or a bucket it should not count against your 15. However to be sure just tell the waiter you are buying the bucket for one of your new friends and it does not count. To make sure keep a running count or ask for a count before ordering the bucket and a count after. Don't forget to tip a dollar or two before you order the bucket from the waiter you tipped .

As stated above order them separately and stock if you are carrying to shore. The example above is to get more than 15 but you have to pay for them.

We wanted to bring beer off in Cozumel. We had no problem getting a six pack each in our coolers. It took about 15 minutes to get clearance. We went early in the morning to the bar and packed up. Each beer counted against the 15. Being we were off the ship for 9 hrs we probably wouldn't had hit our limit that day.

How did you manage to get it off the ship? I didn't think you were allowed to do it and assumed they check for these things.

I have an ignorant question... is it actually cheaper to buy the bucket of beer on the ship or to buy bottles in port? I would have assumed it would be cheaper to just but beer in port with the ship's mark-ups, but I could be wrong.

With the buckets of beer... YMMV I guess. its definitely against the rules and you can not purchase them not use them in the cheers program according to the rules. so if they tell you that you cant, please know that is the rules. some bartenders might accommodate

Where are you getting that purchasing a bucket of beer is "against the rules" of cheers? They just aren't included... The cruise line is more than happy for you to fork over extra money. The only way it could be considered a problem is if you were judged to be too intoxicated to serve and guess what, they won't serve you cheers or not.

If you buy cheers, why would you need a bucket? So instead of having 15 drinks, you want 20?

You nailed it LOL... But seriously on sea days it is very easy to already be on drink 8 or so by early/mid afternoon, therefore having several beers to drink by the pool makes sure you don't hit 15 by dinnertime and have a few left for the evening.

From Carnival's website

• Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

You are correct that once you hit 15 alcoholic drinks that are covered under cheers you cannot get any more drinks whether you pay for them or not. Hence why you purchase earlier in the day well before you reach 15. It may make a difference that a bucket of beer or a bottle of wine is something that is "shared" with others which is why you can do it. I'm not sure if they would let you purchase a single drink like a mixed drink or glass of wine during the day and how it would count or not. I know from experience a bottle of wine at dinner does not count against your 15. Every time I have ordered a bucket they counted 1 beer against cheers and charged me for the rest, just like I was buying a round of beers for my friends and I which the program rules allow. Possibly a judgment call by your server based on how you are acting but it goes in the system like you bought a round of drinks for yourself and your friends... They just happen to be named Me, Myself and I LOL.