Past TP cruisers...Mosquito help

ccarter

I will be trying the Vanilla Bugg spray everyone is recommending...but can you tell me if they are a problem on the ship itself? I would think that it is more of a problem in port after dark. They love me so I need all the insight you have. Thanks.

In the 12 days we were there, we only encountered mosqutios on a small motu in Tahaa. After a few sprays of Vanilla Bugg, we didn't have anymore trouble. We used Bugg spray before the 4x4 in Bora Bora but never saw any bugs. All the major hotels must spray since we didn't see any bugs at either the Beachcomber on Tahiti or the Sheraton on Moorea. We never saw a bug on the ship. If you carry your spray with you and use it when you first encounter bugs, your won't have a problem.

Several times when other people used the spray someone in the group would always say, "smell the vanilla plantations!

Mike

Late August is Tahiti's dry season, so the mosquitos would probably be at a minimum. (What am I saying? I've never been there, and am saving like crazy to go!!). However, I've been to Fiji in our January (their summer wet season) and in July (their winter dry season), and BIG difference in heat, humidity, and rain. Wet = mosquitos.

Just got home from 17 days in Paradise

11 on the TP on June 8th

I heard a lot about mosquito's before going so we took lots of spray.

But we didn't even see one , night or day

Island or boat. THere were a few small black bugs on the tahiti 4x4 tour inland but they didn't bite.

Have fun

Archived