Cruise Next confusion

BiancaV

Ok so I have checked everywhere and am getting conflicting answers. I wanted to book my next cruise now due to current promos. I'm going next month on a cruise. I was told by NCL and my travel agent that I could apply Cruisenext deposits which I was going to get next month on the cruise I'm going on toward this reservation (that I just booked). Hope that makes sense. Now looking online I see some people saying they can only be used for a new reservation not existing. Please help!

Thanks

Ok so I have checked everywhere and am getting conflicting answers. I wanted to book my next cruise now due to current promos. I'm going next month on a cruise. I was told by NCL and my travel agent that I could apply Cruisenext deposits which I was going to get next month on the cruise I'm going on toward this reservation (that I just booked). Hope that makes sense. Now looking online I see some people saying they can only be used for a new reservation not existing. Please help!

Thanks

I had no problem doing that about a month ago. I has booked on the Bliss when it first opened and already booked on the Escape. So I asked my agent and she checked with her ncl rep. The out cone was that it technically is not allowed but they will not stop it either. So I bought my cruisenext this past June and within a week if getting home I got notified that the certificate was in my account. Called my agent and within a day she had my updated receipt showing my same booking number and the credit.

Also the staff on board the escape they said a lot of people do a cancel/rebook to get around it. My issue though was I booked prior to the latitude points change and did not want to lose my points. They understood sold that to me and let my agent work out the details with her rep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Welcome to dealing with NCL where the answers can change by the hour.

We had that question last December while on the Escape.

We were sailing on the Escape and asked about purchasing a certificate .

We asked about the ability to have it applied to an upcoming Dawn sailing that we had currently booked.

Planned on applying the certificate after we returned home and it was issued.

The cruise next person on the Escape said there was no way to do that and the certificates were for new bookings only.

We did not purchase a certificate.

A bit after we returned home we called NCL to apply a payment for the upcoming Dawn cruise.

While on the phone with the NCL rep we asked if would be possible to use a certificate purchased on a sailing done after we had booked the Dawn.

They said that we did not have any certificates on file.

Explained that we did not buy one and why we didn't buy one but were just curious if it would have been accepted.

We were told that if we had purchased a certificate on the Escape that we could have used it as a credit on this already booked cruise.

If we asked the same question but to a different NCL rep it may have been a different answer.

We bought 2 Cruise Next Certificates on our cruise out of New Orleans on the Dawn back in March. We already had a 11 night cruise booked for this fall through NCL on the Gem, and asked about being able to use one at final payment. We were told we could actually use 2 Cruise Next Certificates on it. NCL allows using 2 Cruise Next Certificates on certain cruises. Made our final payment this past Saturday, and was able to use both of them. That was a nice deal, since we had used nonrefundable OBC to purchase the 2 Cruise Next Certificates.

Welcome to dealing with NCL where the answers can change by the hour.

We had that question last December while on the Escape.

We were sailing on the Escape and asked about purchasing a certificate .

We asked about the ability to have it applied to an upcoming Dawn sailing that we had currently booked.

Planned on applying the certificate after we returned home and it was issued.

The cruise next person on the Escape said there was no way to do that and the certificates were for new bookings only.

We did not purchase a certificate.

A bit after we returned home we called NCL to apply a payment for the upcoming Dawn cruise.

While on the phone with the NCL rep we asked if would be possible to use a certificate purchased on a sailing done after we had booked the Dawn.

They said that we did not have any certificates on file.

Explained that we did not buy one and why we didn't buy one but were just curious if it would have been accepted.

We were told that if we had purchased a certificate on the Escape that we could have used it as a credit on this already booked cruise.

If we asked the same question but to a different NCL rep it may have been a different answer.

That's a huge bummer that they did that to you. Otherwise you would have had the OB credit you could have taken advantage of. I got nervous and was afraid to miss out on the current 3rd and 4th said free promotion that I jumped the gun. Sounds like everyone else was able to use them though so hopefully they can use them towards my April cruise. We'll find out in 2 weeks! Otherwise it will be an excuse to book yet another cruise. ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

That's a huge bummer that they did that to you. Otherwise you would have had the OB credit you could have taken advantage of. I got nervous and was afraid to miss out on the current 3rd and 4th said free promotion that I jumped the gun. Sounds like everyone else was able to use them though so hopefully they can use them towards my April cruise. We'll find out in 2 weeks! Otherwise it will be an excuse to book yet another cruise. ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

I have applied them at many different points in the booking with no issue. Applied it on my Halloween cruise coming up for part of final payment no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought 2 Cruise Next Certificates on our cruise out of New Orleans on the Dawn back in March. We already had a 11 night cruise booked for this fall through NCL on the Gem, and asked about being able to use one at final payment. We were told we could actually use 2 Cruise Next Certificates on it. NCL allows using 2 Cruise Next Certificates on certain cruises. Made our final payment this past Saturday, and was able to use both of them. That was a nice deal, since we had used nonrefundable OBC to purchase the 2 Cruise Next Certificates.

Yep same here since we were 6 months or more out they allowed us to apply 2 :D