Card payment issues

Warrior Princess

Tried to pay upfront for soft drinks package. Card declined. Checked my statement online plenty of funds. Rang Princess to be told may be our site. Pay by phone, declined this if the site then took payment after 2 aborted attempts may end up being charged again. Princess site is rubbish.Anyone else had issues like this.

Tried to pay upfront for soft drinks package. Card declined. Checked my statement online plenty of funds. Rang Princess to be told may be our site. Pay by phone, declined this if the site then took payment after 2 aborted attempts may end up being charged again. Princess site is rubbish.Anyone else had issues like this.

Nope. Never had a problem. Booked and paid for excursions last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I haven't had a problem with the site taking my money. If you haven't already done so you could try a different browser.

That's a good call! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to wait and check payment did not go through on my card. Have time to try again if I want but reluctant now to pay upfont

It is a common problem. I have yet to be able to pay online on their site - declined every time. My card issuer never has a record of an attempt. I simply just call now.

I had that problem before but not recently. Card not accepted by Princess website. Called Princess and made payment by phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't had a problem yet, (deposit, first payment), no problemo!

I had that problem before but not recently. Card not accepted by Princess website. Called Princess and made payment by phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, last year I tried to pay for the photo package on line, card declined (with a card I had used previously on line with Princess). I called Princess right away and the charge went through right away (only once), but I was disappointed I had to waste my time calling. I don't think I've had the problem since.

Could it have anything to do with being outside the US? I don't know how those things interact with the website.

I have had no issues making online payments to Princess from Canada so I don't think that being outside of the U.S. is the problem.

In my experience with developing web applications with online purchasing portals, the most common cause of payments being declined on a "good" card is some sort of mismatch in the billing address between what is being submitted to/by the website and what the credit card company has on file.

Sometimes it's the user's fault (they've entered information incorrectly/inconsistently) and other times it's the website's fault (they have a hidden or missing data field that ends up messing up what is, otherwise, valid address data).