Ultimate tip to a princess 1st timer

vikry

Most ships have a round ink stamp (like the post office uses) with the name of the ship in the center. You can ask to have them stamp your passport or memory album too!

Happy Cruising!

[quote name='muse_clio']Thanks so much for these 2 tip. Our cruise to the Med will be our honeymoon too, and i never even THOUGHT about taking an album ON the ship.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Next'].

If you are a runner, the mornings are great. You can finish up at the spa spool and cool off. Schedule a massage right after that. You can shower before the massage.

Then head to breakfast.

Relaxxxxxxx.......................................[/QUOTE]

If you are a 'runner' please observe the times when you can, and can't jog. Some ships have cabins below the jogging decks, and I for one do not appreciate being woken up at 5am, by an illegal jogger. Most ships have a 9am jogging start! john

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the tips. First time on Princess although we've sailed before on Dolphin, Premier, Commodore and Norwegian. (no comments please about the first 3; I know they no longer exist, but it's not our fault. We had a good time on EVERY cruise we took!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pack light.....never take more than one large suitcase on wheels and one carry-on per person.

Have a BBC at the bar. It is wonderful....I promise! It is bananna, baileys, colada and is heavenly. Have it after dinner for desert because it will fill you up. You will love it!

Have a toasted almond martini....another great drink you will want to repeat.

Try to relax and not worry about anything at home. You are at sea and there is nothing you can do for your job or home right now so don't even think about it!

You can check in with those at the office or home on the internet for 35 cents a minute. You should do that so you can rub in the fact that you are on a cruise and they are not......mean, aren't I? You can also post live from your ship on the CC message board so we can all live vicariously through your experiences until we cruise.

Enjoy![img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_6_4.gif[/img]

• 3 months later...
My Stars, this really is the best web site EVER! Just this thread alone is more helpful than anything I have ever found about cruising.... I LOVE IT! You guys are all my heros!

I am already known in my large group of friends as "The One Who Thinks Of Everything". When we have gone on group camping trips, the joke is, is someone needs it, I probably brought it. When I throw a party, you can bet it is gonna be something unique and fun with attention to detail.

Now, with all of the incredibly helpful tips from everyone on this website, my friends will forever more know me as "UBER-CRUISER"!!!!

Thanks everyone!!

:p :p :D :D

[quote name='lgt']Those are AA meetings.[/QUOTE]

Geeez....and after seeing his name in the Patter all these years I always thought "What a POPULAR guy he must be, If I ever run into him, I must buy him a drink! LOL!

[quote name='lisaanne0220']can you take beer in your luggage on princess carribbean?[/QUOTE]

We had a case of beer and a box of that cheap wine in our carry on last year on the Grand out of Galveston. My husband had to physically push the carry-on thru the scanner in order for them to "inspect" the contents of the bag before we could board. No problem. The only problem was that the refrig in the room wasn't big enough to keep everything cold!
We've done this in Alaska too. Plan on doing this in San Juan this January as well:D

Here's my tip......We have our cabin guy bring a full pot of coffee every morning (we ask them to bring it as early as possible). We put in a standing order at the beginning of the cruise and don't have to fill out the card each evening.

[quote name='sgriff17']glad this was dug up! didn't realize i was reading posts from over a year ago! although, they all still are good today, so time well spent.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! We leave for our first cruise in less than 3 weeks, so I've been trying to get ready like crazy.

• 4 months later...

Archived