Mandarin Oriental Miami

DerekDun8

EXCELLENT choice! It's one of the very best hotels in Miami... It's on a small island a few blocks off of Brickell Avenue in downtown Miami, next door to condos. There are no restaurants within walking distance (other than the excellent restaurants in the hotel), but there are many within a very short cab ride. Morton's, Capital Grille, and Gordon Biersch are all less than 5 minutes away, as is Bayside Marketplace.

The BEST hotel in Miami! If you've ever seen the movie Bad Boys II it is the hotel they filmed the interior hotel shots in.

Azul, the hotel's restaurant is probably the best place to eat in Miami.

Have a blast, what a great hotel!

Staying here pre-cruise. Good choice? Whats around? any good restraunts?

I have stayed here and absolutely love this hotel. The food and service at all hotel restaurants are terrific. It is absolutely gorgeous, tranquil and relaxing. The island itself is beautiful and very safe. I would go there again in a minute!

However, if you are looking for the action of SouthBeach, or a lot of choices for dining and entertainment (including nightclubs) within walking distance you won't find it here. Also if you want to run along a beach, you won't have it here. THeir "beach" is really a manmade sandy walking area along a bulkhead on the bay. You can't walk into the water.

will be flying in that morning and since we both work 2nd shift we probably won't sleep the night before. So we're just looking to relax before our cruise. I read that every room has a balcony facing the bay. All we will probably do is get dinner and relax.

Hi,

Probably the nicest hotel I have stayed in. After our longhaul flight from London it was wonderful to step into such wonderful surroundings.

We opted to get a cab to Bayside after freshening up. Can't remember exactly how much this cost but we had a fun evening at Bayside.

will be flying in that morning and since we both work 2nd shift we probably won't sleep the night before. So we're just looking to relax before our cruise. I read that every room has a balcony facing the bay. All we will probably do is get dinner and relax.

Derek,

It is on the end of an island so it is true every room faces the bay. Also, if you don't feel like eating a fancy dinner at Azul, the other restaurant, Cafe Sambal is also very good. We ate breakfast there every day of our stay. If you get a chance, see if Gerard is working and see if he will make you a Mojito (if you like them). Every day he sent us another creation. His strawberry Mojitos are to die for.

Archived