Balance Due Date

tring

Earlier this year, we booked a cruise for next year by phone and, looking at our invoice (which was emailed to my husband after booking), I do not see any indication of when the balance needs to be paid. In fact it does not even give any indication that we have paid a deposit and how much we have paid, but I am sure it was paid and the cruise is showing in the cruise personaliser. I have always booked in the past and made sure everything is in order and details have always mailed to us.

Can anyone help as to how P&O work now as we had not booked with them for a couple of years.

We booked via an online Travel Agency, their email gives a breakdown of costs, onboard spend and final payment date but the P&O Booking Confirmation letter - makes no mention of deposit paid or final payment date. Did you book direct with P&O ?

We booked via an online Travel Agency, their email gives a breakdown of costs, onboard spend and final payment date but the P&O Booking Confirmation letter - makes no mention of deposit paid or final payment date. Did you book direct with P&O ?

Yes we did, we always do.

However, I would expect the booking confirmation you get from your TA to be the one they get sent from P&O, which would be the same as the one we get. Your TA should be sending you a letter to let you know when the balance is due and what it is. We certainly used to get one when we booked with a TA years ago.

when we book direct with P&O we receive two emailed PDF letters almost immediately. Confusingly once is titled Booking notification whereas the other is called Booking Confirmation. The latter document contains details of deposit paid and balance due date/amount. Once we were only emailed the booking notification for some reason so I emailed customer services and asked for a copy of the booking confirmation. This was resent and sure enough it contained the deposit and balance details.

FYI - the booking confirmation document will be the one that also has details of the itinerary. The balance due details should be just above the itinerary. If you don't have any of this just email P&O and ask them to send the details.

when we book direct with P&O we receive two emailed PDF letters almost immediately. Confusingly once is titled Booking notification whereas the other is called Booking Confirmation. The latter document contains details of deposit paid and balance due date/amount. Once we were only emailed the booking notification for some reason so I emailed customer services and asked for a copy of the booking confirmation. This was resent and sure enough it contained the deposit and balance details.

FYI - the booking confirmation document will be the one that also has details of the itinerary. The balance due details should be just above the itinerary. If you don't have any of this just email P&O and ask them to send the details.

We get two and sometimes 3 emails (not very customer centric).

I suspect they have not all been passed to the OP by the TA, if you phone up I'm sure they will resend the version with the full details.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums