Carnival Dream Question: How long to get from NOLA out into the Gulf?

Cpbryant

Thank you so much....amazing detail! I've always loved sailing from New Orleans and now will be even more intrigued following your information.

Oh on no. 19 - Lebeau Plantaion burned to the ground several years back after a group of ghost hunter wanna-bes built a campfire inside the building. Brilliant!

Oh on no. 19 - Lebeau Plantaion burned to the ground several years back after a group of ghost hunter wanna-bes built a campfire inside the building. Brilliant!

Thanks for the update! I'll be following this "tour" on our way out to the gulf in September...and wondering which building is the Lebeau Plantation! lol

Thanks for the update! I'll be following this "tour" on our way out to the gulf in September...and wondering which building is the Lebeau Plantation! lol

If you're in N.O. a day or so early, take the Natchez cruise on the river or the Creole Queen (which includes a stop at the Battle of New Orleans site) for a nice tour with commentary on the sights. I learned a few new facts and I have lived here my whole life.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Around midnight. I came across this file when researching this for a cruise back in 2015. I printed a hard copy to keep on hand the first night. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found it or who wrote it so I can't give credit.

Jim

PS - Definitely second taking the Natchez cruise! It is an actual steamship (the other one is not)

cruise-trip-in-depth-detail-of-river.pdf

Around midnight. I came across this file when researching this for a cruise back in 2015. I printed a hard copy to keep on hand the first night. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found it or who wrote it so I can't give credit.

Jim

PS - Definitely second taking the Natchez cruise! It is an actual steamship (the other one is not)

Thanks for this PDF! I will be following it on September 3! :-)

We just returned from Dream, having sailed from July 30 to August 6. My family and I were on the Lido deck on Saturday night, watching the Dive In Movie, when we saw another ship going the opposite way down the Mississippi River. It appeared to be moving really fast and looked very close to us. My daughter pointed it out and then we both saw the "Whale Tail" of Carnival. My husband ran to the back of the Dream to try and take photos and discovered it was Triumph, which had left New Orleans that evening. I know it probably wasn't that close, but through the Lido windows, it appeared to be right next to us. It was really, really odd to see another ship potentially that close to us! This was around 10pm that night.