Alaska Dream Cruises - Chicagof Dream in particular

Adairs3

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone out there been on Alaska Dream Cruises? I'm looking for any information and specifically anything you all might know about their ship, the Chicagof Dream. We are looking to book them for 2018. Thank you in advance!

Susie

We were on the Chichagof Dream in May this year from Sitka to Juneau. It was an exceptional trip. This was our second with Alaskan Dream. We were in Cabin 304 on the upper deck as was requested. We wanted immediate access to the outdoor deck in case of wildlife sightings where we could just step out onto the deck rather than into a hallway. It worked well. They had many kayaks, paddle boards and two skiffs that were used frequently. I could go on and on about the ship. Is there anything specific you’d like to know?

I'm excited to hear about it all! We have been to Alaska 9 times, all different itineraries and ships, over the years and were looking for something new and different. In particular I was interested in learning the difference in the Sophia deluxe stateroom on the top deck vs the deluxe stateroom on the second deck, Adolphus. I know that the lounge deck the deluxe cabin faces the window, but it says on the site that the Sophia has a slightly different layout. Would you perhaps have peaked into the cabin? It would have been right down from yours.

Anything else you feel like sharing would be fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this experience.

Thank you so much for your quick reply to my previous post!

Susie

Didn’t get a peak at those cabins. We were hoping for an upgrade to Sophia but friends of the Allens were in that one.

The food was exceptional, some of the best we’ve had on a cruise. Customer service was top notch as well. There’s no comparison in these areas with the main lines.

Have you looked at UnCruise?

No, I haven't looked at UnCruise....but since this line was Alaska owned, we thought it would be a better cruise. I'm excited to hear about the food and I've read the article on the company in Cruise & Travel magazine a couple months ago that got me hooked totally.

I'm still hoping to find out about the cabin. The person at the cruise line I really need to talk to wasn't in today. Maybe tomorrow!

Thanks for any input. If you think of anything else to share that would be great!

Have a good evening,

Susie

We were on the Chicagof last year and on the Alaskan Dream in June of this year. The company owned by Allen Marine headquartered in Sitka Alaska has beyond exceptional customer service. The food is fantastic. The experience is above top notch. It is a totally different experience from the large cruise ships (I have been on many). I do enjoy the large ships, but for Alaska specifically would choose the small ship experience in a heartbeat. Being in places that the large cruise ships cannot enter is wonderful. Being without cell phone, internet, tv is so refreshing. Loved kayaking right off the ship. I could go on and on.

For us the cabin dos not really matter since we don't spend much time in it

We were on the main floor on the Chicagof. Nice cabin which is close to everything. I did not see the larger cabins.

We loved the past cruise on Alaskan Dream. Especially Captain Eric who is so accommodating. Love the open bridge policy especially when viewing the many whales that were so close.

Wow, thank you for the insight....I'm sure we wouldn't be in the cabin that much either, but hubby is thinking he'd really like a larger cabin....

I'm so glad to hear from you that the food and atmosphere is wonderful. I have read about the line and am anxious to experience it. We too have cruised many times, larger and smaller ships (smallest was 16 pax to Galapagos) and really do appreciate the smaller ship atmosphere more.

Thank you for your reply.

Hugs,

Susie