I'm just not excited...what's wrong with me?

Target

Okay, we are cruising on the Island Princess to Alaska on July 24, 2004. We are in an AD GTY and have not received our cabin assignment yet. I booked this last August! Our final payment was due (and paid by) May 9. I am not feeling "attached" to this cruise. I am not very excited yet. I didn't realize that I would feel this way! I am sure it is because I don't know our room number yet. icon_confused.gif

Has anyone else felt like this? I have been on a Disney cruise two years ago and I was excited from the minute we booked until the minute we stepped off the ship! Of course, I had my room number from the beginning, so I could visualize everything.

What's wrong with me? I am not complaining, just concerned that I will be "forgotten" and show up at the pier with no room..... icon_eek.gif

I know I am over reacting, but, I check the personalizer 4 times a day! I am losing my mind! icon_redface.gif

....Suggestions???

Thanks!

Target

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00FF00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;07;23;12;00;00&timezone=EST-0200

Do you have proof of payment? Does your booking number work on line? Book a shore ex that you can cancel (cancel it when you board if you don't want it). If you can not book a shore ex contact your TA immediatley to see what is going on.

Look up what the AD cabin might look like, then visualize your balcony. You sitting there with your SO. Sipping your fav beverage, waving bye bye to where you are leaving from, works for me.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Target:

Okay, we are cruising on the Island Princess to Alaska on July 24, 2004. We are in an AD GTY and have not received our cabin assignment yet. I booked this last August! Our final payment was due (and paid by) May 9. I am not feeling "attached" to this cruise. I am not very excited yet. I didn't realize that I would feel this way! I am sure it is because I don't know our room number yet. icon_confused.gif

Has anyone else felt like this? I have been on a Disney cruise two years ago and I was excited from the minute we booked until the minute we stepped off the ship! Of course, I had my room number from the beginning, so I could visualize everything.

What's wrong with me? I am not complaining, just concerned that I will be "forgotten" and show up at the pier with no room..... icon_eek.gif

I know I am over reacting, but, I check the personalizer 4 times a day! I am losing my mind! icon_redface.gif

If you are only checking 4 times a day you aren't even close to overreacting, I check it every time I am online, doesnt' everyone?

....Suggestions???

Thanks!

Target

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00FF00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;07;23;12;00;00&timezone=EST-0200 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Target, go online at princess.com

and send a gift to yourself (a nice

bottle of whatever). I'll bet on the

order confirmation they will insert

your room number inadvertantly. Worth

a try anyway. You're going to love

this cruise. You deserve it.

Thanks everyone! This is for our 20th wedding anniversary so that part is exciting! Our booking number does work online, and we have booked our excursions through the personalizer (except our "pilot's choice" with ERA Helicopters!). We have received our excursion info in the mail (choices, etc) that Princess sends out 60 days out, but there was no room number! I just feel "detached."

Part of me wants to keep my mouth shut, because they might be upgrading us to a full suite icon_eek.gif and I don't want to jinx it! icon_smile.gif

I hope they don't make me wait until the pier to find out...my husband will be ready to divorce me by then! icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00FF00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;07;23;12;00;00&timezone=EST-0200

If you really want a room number now why don't you just change your guarantee to an assigned room?

Future cruises:

9/04 Star Princess-Med.x2 Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome

11/04 Dawn Princess-Southern Caribbean

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess-Mexican Riviera

July 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Aug. 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

04 Dawn Princess- Southern Caribbean x2

03 Grand Princess-W.Caribbean

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

03-Tahitian Princess-Tahiti/ Cook Islands

03 Royal Princess-x2 British Isles & Norwegian Fjords/ Iceland

03 Island Princess-Panama Canal

01 HAL Ryndam x 2-S. America San Diego to Valpariso/ & around Cape Horn to Rio

00 Sky Princess-China/Orient

79 Sitmar's Fairwind- Caribbean/Panama Canal

Target, you are suffering from Pre-Cruise Blues (PCB). I go through exactly the same thing every cruise. Trust me, the feeling is only temporary. Sometime around the 4-weeks-to-go point, the excitement kicks in. I think it is a defense mechanism so that the extreme joy you feel will not cause your co-workers to hate you completely. It's going to be tough enough for them to tolerate you during that last four weeks.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

I know when I've booked about 1 year in advance I get excited when it's booked and then calm down until weeks before. Your excitment should pick up soon!! You can call your TA but they don't have to assign you cabin until very last minute. Maybe they're holding a suite for you!!! Enjoy.

I agree with Spongerob. I'm going through that funk right now. We booked our cruise back in November and the anticipation and excitement has waned, however, I know from past experience that it is only a matter of time until it returns.

yanceycruiser

Carnival Pride Feb 03

Grand Princess Jan 01

RCL Enchantment of the Seas Jan 99

NCL Norway Jan 97

NCL Dream Jan 95

Sapphire Princess 8/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;8;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Maybe you should have booked the Golden Princess to the Southern Caribbean!! icon_cool.gif I have less than 2 weeks to go and can hardly stand myself!!! icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 4/03

Victory 12/03

Golden Princess 4/04 Golden Princess 6/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you really want a room number now why don't you just change your guarantee to an assigned room?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I have been told, everything is sold out.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like this can be common. I know I will have a good time, that is a given...I think I will get more excited when the docs come. That will make it more tangible for me. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the support!

Archived