Dry Dock schedule for the Conquest?

tigercat

So far, Carnival's schedule doesn't say what's coming. Most likely it'll be routine hotel maintenance and the usual spit & polish. Maybe WaterWorks like her sister ship, Glory, just got earlier this year?? :confused: Rumors have been flying around that it's scheduled to get a very nice Serenity deck. Possibly one that rivals some of the best in the fleet. We were on Conquest last year. It'll be interesting to see if the rumor is true.

Organized Chaos,

We just booked the Conquest for December. My PVP confirmed that they will add the Serenity, he also mentioned carpet replacement? I'm not clear which carpets! Looking forward to this cruise, we last cruised the Conquest when she was six weeks old!

So far, Carnival's schedule doesn't say what's coming. Most likely it'll be routine hotel maintenance and the usual spit & polish. Maybe WaterWorks like her sister ship, Glory, just got earlier this year?? :confused: Rumors have been flying around that it's scheduled to get a very nice Serenity deck. Possibly one that rivals some of the best in the fleet. We were on Conquest last year. It'll be interesting to see if the rumor is true.

Not a rumor

It's as confirmed as anything can be from the internet that she's getting a Serenity Deck, and is the major improvement for this dry dock. I'm on her for the Halloween cruise and can't wait to check it out!

Organized Chaos,

We just booked the Conquest for December. My PVP confirmed that they will add the Serenity, he also mentioned carpet replacement? I'm not clear which carpets! Looking forward to this cruise, we last cruised the Conquest when she was six weeks old!

New carpet is usually associated with "routine hotel maintenance" and, if I'm not mistaken, is often replaced in most of the common areas. Plus some fresh paint, things like that. My guess is, very similar to what was done to the Glory in late Feb., early March. Not sure if they'll do WaterWorks on Conquest though. Let's just say this, the rumors about the serenity that I've been seeing say it could be 2-3 levels with its own pool. Now that would be nice and we'd be sure to try Conquest again sometime if that happens.

There's an area on deck 10 aft, on the opposite side as the smoking section, that has some loungers and nice patio furniture (couches, chairs, coffee tables) under the overhang. This area was always quiet when we were on. Hardly ever any people and I never saw a single kid hanging out there (too boring for them). It was a great little getaway for some peace and quiet. I'm guessing this area will be incorporated into the new serenity deck.

Oh I hope so we have an 8 day booked on the Conquest in March of 2018 with a Grand Scenic Ocean View, an awesome Serenity deck would be icing on the cake...

• 1 month later...

I see that they switched out the Elation with the Fascination, which will let them finish the Elation dry dock, which was interrupted by Irma. I'm wondering if this will complicate the Conquest's dry dock since they'll be working on the Elation during the Conquest's scheduled time?