Iron on the sun

Milwaukee

Sorry, no irons ALLOWED in the rooms!

This is always a hot topic but basically they are a fire hazard. While people worry about storms, huricannes, iceburgs and the like, it's fires onboard ships bring SHEAR TERROR to the hearts safety officers everywhere. Some ships have irons in enclosed laundry areas for passengers to use, but these are specially designed spaces with advanced fire suppression systems.

So the answer is no, no irons on the Sun, and I implore you not to bring one. While the chances are nothing will happen, all it takes is a roll of a wave to knock an iron down. And in the enclosed space of a ship, if a fire does start it's guaranteed someone will be hurt, and it will be your fault!

One more confirmation of no irons on the Sun and no self service laundry either.

Someone did say I could request a steamer from room service. One of my items was slightly wrinkled and I hung it on the towel rack while I showered. Afterwards I damped my hands and smoothed down the pants legs while the pants were still hanging on the towel rack. It wasn't perfect but was good enough.

Packing w/ tissue paper does help to reduce wrinkling.

Irons are not permitted to be brought onboard by NCL as they are a fire hazard. Typically they will be found during embarkation and confiscated. The Dawn and Jewel are the only ships in the fleet that feature self-service laundry rooms.

May I ask what mini you were in? We are in an AFT mini and would like to see any pics if possible.

We were in Suite 1013 on the Pool Deck 11. This forward on the port side. We REALLY liked this location as it was quiet and convenient without much hallway traffic. We noticed very little motion.

If you'd like to see exactly what the mini-suites look like on the sun in a 360 mode, go to http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/norwegiansun.htm and select minisuite. There are many other virtual tours of places on the Sun there as well.

After having been in a mini-suite, I can't imagine staying in anything else. It was relatively roomy for 2 people. My husband is 6'4" and he felt fine there. The room had a nice wood and glass credenza/desk with tv, DVD, drawers, cupboards and a hidden fridge. The was PLENTY of room under the queen bed to store/hide your luggage.

The bathroom was nicely designed. When you go through the doorway, you enter a walk in closet area that's really LARGE with a L-shaped rod and plenty of dresser drawers - 6 perhaps? The next area off to the side in a sink and vanity section. The sink side has cupboards, drawers and many mirrors. The vanity side has a chair, drawer to store makeup and a hair dyer. Beyond the vanity section, through a frosted glass door is the good-sized shower/tub and toilet.

The design of the suite was well thought out and allows you to store quite a bit of stuff away, so your room remains neat and uncluttered.

We were so pleased with our suite and the "Freestyle" approach to cruising, that we booked a cruise while onboard for 2006 - leaving from Athens, stopping in quite a few Greek islands, Alexandria Egypt, Izmir Turkey, and ending up in Istanbul.

Living in Florida and being REALLY laid back, I don't think we could EVER go back to any other cruise style than Freestyle. ;) :D

Below is a "stock" photo of a mini-suite room. Our looked just like that.

1NS.jpg.0ac49f03bae1ca1d60081e506a6454a3.jpg

Archived