Sign & Sail charges after getting off the ship

My statement showed I should owe about $300 at the end of the cruise. When I got home on Sunday my credit card (The Carnival CC) showed 4 small pending charges that didn't add up to anywhere near the $300. They have since dropped off and none of the charges have came through. Does it take carnival longer to charge my CC for my sign & sail charges? I find it weird that they haven't gone through yet but this was my first cruise.

My statement showed I should owe about $300 at the end of the cruise. When I got home on Sunday my credit card (The Carnival CC) showed 4 small pending charges that didn't add up to anywhere near the $300. They have since dropped off and none of the charges have came through. Does it take carnival longer to charge my CC for my sign & sail charges? I find it weird that they haven't gone through yet but this was my first cruise.

They will come off.

Holds are a way for companies to make sure there's enough on the card. Gas companies do this all the time, especially here in CA where we mostly pump our own gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mine always posted the day we got off. I guess it depends on the bank, it could take a few days. There could have also been a problem processing the card and you get a bill in the mail.

Bill in the mail? Are you serious?? How will Carnival recover dues from a cruiser in a foreign country through the mail?

In my experience, it has taken Carnival 4-5 days to actually charge my account. They're protected somewhat by the fact that they have temp auths on there for a few days, which tie up your credit line until the actual charge hits.

If it makes any difference, I always use a Capital One card for any onboard expenses.

Bill in the mail? Are you serious?? How will Carnival recover dues from a cruiser in a foreign country through the mail?

What other option do they have? They can also try to make contact by phone.

:cool: I always use a CC for my on board S&S account. I always get a print out from the service desk the last day of the cruise so if there is any dispute I don't have a mile long line to get it resolved before debarkation. It always takes a couple of days for the final bill to hit my CC but it always gets there.