Cheers package, worth it?

Gr101997

My wife and I are going on the 4 day Victory western in a few weeks. No kids (woo hoo!) I was looking at the cheers package. We went on the Epic a few years back when it first debuted. After the 2nd or 3rd day, we felt like we were just drinking bc we had to. We're not raging party animals but we like to have a drink at the pool, dinner and maybe walk around the shop later with something. It was 100% a waste of money on that trip so I've been hesitant to do it again

I do however see this one includes a lot more stuff other then alcohol. We drink a lot of water and my wife has a coffee addiction. We don't really drink soda but it's still nice to see there's a more wide variety.

Does the inclusion of all those other things make it worth it? I feel like other then excursions, our expenses on cruises are alcohol, water and coffee. 200 pp for 4 days doesn't seem too bad. Just looking for a little feedback. Thanks in advance

Grande coffees are $3.50 plus gratuity each at the coffee shop;

They also have honest ice tea, powerade, vitamin water ranging from $3-$4.50 each;

Individual bottles of water are about $1.50 each plus gratuity.

If you drink 5 alcoholic beverages a day @ around $8 each, you'd need to drink a couple of bottles of water and a couple of coffees to break even.

If you think you'll hit that, then it could be worth it.

If you like wine or the alchemy bar, both of which can exceed the $8 a drink mark, then it takes less only say 4 alcoholic drinks a day plus your non-alcoholic beverages to break even.

Only you can decide if it is worth it or not, based on your personal circumstances.

Knowing the approximate retail cost of the items you would normally consume is helpful.

My wife and I are going on the 4 day Victory western in a few weeks. No kids (woo hoo!) I was looking at the cheers package. We went on the Epic a few years back when it first debuted. After the 2nd or 3rd day, we felt like we were just drinking bc we had to. We're not raging party animals but we like to have a drink at the pool, dinner and maybe walk around the shop later with something. It was 100% a waste of money on that trip so I've been hesitant to do it again

I do however see this one includes a lot more stuff other then alcohol. We drink a lot of water and my wife has a coffee addiction. We don't really drink soda but it's still nice to see there's a more wide variety.

Does the inclusion of all those other things make it worth it? I feel like other then excursions, our expenses on cruises are alcohol, water and coffee. 200 pp for 4 days doesn't seem too bad. Just looking for a little feedback. Thanks in advance

I completely understand where you are coming from. When we did Cheers, we felt compelled to drink. I don't use the other features (I don't like coffee or soda and don't need the calories from the juice or shakes). On a non-Cheers cruise, DH is just not that picky about his coffee, so drinks what is offered at no charge; or if he wants an occasional espresso or soda, it's a couple of $. No big deal. We have never had a bar tab over $500 on a week long cruise having whatever we wanted. Cheers certainly encouraged us to drink more - our friend's had it so we sampled our way through Alchemy.

So, if you NEED/want those things like soda and coffee and would be buying them regardless, the program may make sense. Just look at the cost break down above. For us it is more cost effective to pay as we go.

Do the non alcohol drinks count against the 15 per day limit ? We have done cheers in the past but only alcohol and sodas were covered by it then. We will be buying it regardless.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Forums mobile app

On Cheers, non-alcoholic beverages are unlimited; alcoholic beverages are limited to 15 in a 24 hour period (6am to 6am).

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. Will probably end up going with it. I feel like between the water, coffee, some wine and some cocktails we can make it seem a lot more worth it.

A 7 day vs 4 is a lot easier too

• 10 months later...

I used to be a hater but never tried it until a recent cruise.

Result is I’m still a hater because :

- forced myself to drink more than usual to break even

- used it to buy soft drinks and they were only like $2.50 a piece

- drank a lot of the sweet frozen drinks which filled me up fast

- saw many who were drunk by mid afternoon (not a big fan)

I definitely will never do that again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to be a hater but never tried it until a recent cruise.

Result is I’m still a hater because :

- forced myself to drink more than usual to break even

- used it to buy soft drinks and they were only like $2.50 a piece

- drank a lot of the sweet frozen drinks which filled me up fast

- saw many who were drunk by mid afternoon (not a big fan)

I definitely will never do that again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed. Plus, a can of soda in my fridge, in my room, is far superior to well soda, and much cheaper.