Magic vs Sunshine vs Glory

Andy1850

i am trying to decide between these 3 ships for next year. I like the itineraries of all. The Sunshine and Magic will cost about $900 more than Glory.

We recently sailed on the Magic and ultimately enjoyed our cruise but thought it might be to big for us. Loved sailing on the Sunshine....but it's been a few years. I have sailed on the Valor but not the Glory. Although they are sister ships, I noticed that the Glory has one less pool and no Red Frog Bar.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the Glory. If anyone has sailed on some or all of these ships, would love thoughts on crowds and activities.

Thanks for the help!

Funny that it is those three ships you are considering as we have only been on 6 Carnival ships (we are not cruise line loyal) and we have been on all three.

Personally, we love Sunshine. The variety and number of included food options is a big selling point , as is the three deck high Serenity with its own pool and waterfall. Havana Bar is a gem of a space and Jiji's Asian Kitchen is perhaps our favorite specialty restaurant on any ship, any line. Decor is more subdued and tasteful as compared to other Carnival ships.We sailed Sunshine twice in 2016 and had a wonderful experience both times.

We were on Magic this past February and enjoyed it was well. Liked the layout of Ocean Plaza, Alchemy and Taste Bar. The wrap-around deck was also a nice feature.

For some reason Glory made absolutely no impression on us, bad or good. In approximately 20 cruises it is probably our least memorable. Nothing bad happened, but nothing memorable happened either. I do remember hating the decor but then I am not a fan of those Joe Farcus ship designs. While I know in fact they are not, they feel cheap to me and rather tacky.

My vote would be for Sunshine - if you can afford the $900 difference. We LOVE her. If our boys were traveling this would definitely be our choice because of the Sports Square.

Magic feels crowded to me. Yes, we went the week before Christmas, but were on the Conquest (sister of Glory) the same week the year before and did not have that issue. Magic was a good vacation but not our favorite by a long shot; I would said her again if she was going to a port I wanted to see but not in comparison to the other two choices.

I have also been on Glory and for $900 less, would consider her. She has Alchemy, Guys and Blue Iguana and those are a big plus for us. She likewise has a steakhouse and the extra long balcony we love so DH and I would be quite content.

I've been on Glory and Sunshine and booked on Magic. The Sunshine is my favorite Carnival ship, hands down. I had a not so great experience on her the second time, but I choose to consider that an anomaly. The ship has all the new stuff (well, I guess the new BBQ spot isn't there yet) a great Serenity Deck, etc. If the price difference isn't too much for your budget - go with Sunshine!

Glory is good and i would personally not pay 900 dollars more to be on any ship. Unless, you are from NY and going to the Sunshine then I'd go with the Glory. Was on her Summer of 2016 and liked the ship and ports we called at.