Shuttle buses

We have been to Le Havre lots of times. It is an OK town if you just want to wander aimlessly and look at the shops, market etc., Of course, there are better places to visit i.e. Hornfleur or even Paris if you fancy a lengthy ride on the bus or train.

You can definitely walk into Le Havre although it is a decent walk and not for the fainthearted!!!!

On one of our visits (Celebrity Century) there was no shuttle bus provided at all, lots of people walked and some people took a taxi, but they were in short supply. Princess and MSC were in port at the same time and I can tell you that Princess were charging $10 to take you right into the centre of town as were MSC. I have also been on RCI to Le Havre and although we walked, it was $15 for the return fare

I thought Le Havre was lovely, looked at shops, took funicular to top streets, just for the ride, it goes to a residential area, watched women preparing fish at fish markets and visited the merchants house, round with a glass skylight at top.

There are beautiful gardens and parks, with fountains and the cathedral where the Princess bus dropped us off.

With disabled members in your party it might be better to take a taxi around the town. I found not many people spoke English, but I ordered the best baguette from a little stall with much pointing and smiling.

Enjoy your day.