Mismaloya - PV

hova

While we are in PV for the day, we are interested in spending the day at Mismaloya. Just a few questions, is the beach (and hotel) open to the public? About how much will a taxi cost to get there, or is public transportation available? And,I am curious how the beach is there, as I know that it lost a lot of sand a couple of years ago. Thanks for any info

hova

While we are in PV for the day, we are interested in spending the day at Mismaloya. Just a few questions, is the beach (and hotel) open to the public? About how much will a taxi cost to get there, or is public transportation available? And,I am curious how the beach is there, as I know that it lost a lot of sand a couple of years ago. Thanks for any info

hova

The beach is open to the public. About 2/3rds of the beach from the Burton/Taylor glory years is gone. Still a nice flat beach that is open to the public. I don't have any information on the hotel. Here is one link to the hotel and you may be able to get contact info from it: https://www.travel-center.com/hoteles/hoteles.asp?Hotel=4003&MBR_ID=5741

You can get there by bus or taxi. The bus system is set up in such a way that you will have to take a city bus to Old Vallarta, get off and take a "southbound" bus to Mismaloya. The city bus will cost 4.5 pesos (45 cents) and the southbound bus will cost 5 pesos 50 cents) per person. This map will show the location of the southbound bus terminal. Also shows the route that the city bus takes. http://www.vallarta-info.com/south.html

A yellow taxi (outside the maritime terminal) should cost about 150 pesos (15 USD) for up to four people each way.

You can find other maps and useful information at: http://www.vallarta-info.com/

Enjoy!

I have to say that we were a bit disappointed by our stop here on our way back from El Eden. Like MSN mentioned, a hurricane apparently washed away a good portion of the beach. That left it feeling very cramped to me as the vendors place their chairs almost right up to waters' edge. I came expecting a paradisaic beach setting, and I felt like it was just an average small beach. My family felt like swimming there was like swimming in a lake, kind of murky and not too many waves. There is some nice scenery though, especially if you walk the path to where the old movie set was. I didn't see any easily accessible hotel facilities, so my guess would be they are not open to the public, but all beaches are.

Archived