Smoking Side of the Ship?

tree99

I just was reading a thread on 'What you like to do and when you do it' and there was mention of the Smoking Side of the ship, which side is this Starboard or Port, windward or leeward, Right coming in, left going out ?

Thank you in Advance, and Happy Holidays

Tree99

VOS in 2 days, YIPPEE!!:)

I just was reading a thread on 'What you like to do and when you do it' and there was mention of the Smoking Side of the ship, which side is this Starboard or Port, windward or leeward, Right coming in, left going out ?

Thank you in Advance, and Happy Holidays

Tree99

VOS in 2 days, YIPPEE!!:)

Starboard. Facing the bow, the right side.

An easy wasy to remember Port from Starboard.....Port has 4 letters and so does left.....and it's from facing the bow (front) of the ship. And I'll be either port or starboard tonite sipping my pina colada from the Millenium!!

Michele

Actually, the smoking side does differ from ship to ship. Some it's starboard (right) and others port (left). The ship's Compass will tell you.

beachchick

Wow, thanks for correcting me. Both of the RCI ships I have been on were on the starboard side, so I just thought it was company wide....do you know which ones it's diffrerent on?

Wow, thanks for correcting me. Both of the RCI ships I have been on were on the starboard side, so I just thought it was company wide....do you know which ones it's diffrerent on?

It's entirely possible that RCI has standardized which side is for smoking, as on our last 2 it was starboard. But on Radiance a few years ago it was port, and one other was port, but again that was some time back. I remember though that someone more recently reported that port was the smoking side on at least one of the ships.

beachchick

Yes make sure you check.I stepped outside deck 3 on voyager and took my lighter out and had some fat cow playing shuffle board screaming at me that i was on the wrong side of the ship.Had we been on land the outcome would have been a lot different and not in her favor.:mad:

Yes make sure you check.I stepped outside deck 3 on voyager and took my lighter out and had some fat cow playing shuffle board screaming at me that i was on the wrong side of the ship.Had we been on land the outcome would have been a lot different and not in her favor.:mad:

Atta boy Glen - you tell her!!:p

Archived