What do you guys think of the Havana cabana suites?

k_y30

Is it worth the extra $1500 over just a regular balcony? We like our privacy BUT having the whole cabana pool and bar area to ourselves during the day looks amazing. The only problem I can see is not wanting to leave and never exploring the ship!

So, tell me about your Havana cabana experiences!

Is that $1500 total or per person?

Technically you don't have the whole cabana pool and bar area to yourself, it's "shared" with other Havana cabin guests. :)

Here's how I look at things when it's like this:

Could $1500 get you another cruise? If so, I'd rather take another cruise somewhere.

But then again my budget may be different than yours. So if you have the funds, I say go for it.

Kinda like: is the MSC Yacht Club worth $xxxx

We decided "no", it wasn't worth the extra $1700 per person as we could get 2.5x more cruises out of that. But, if I had the money, then I'd probably do it.

But the Havana Cabana and/or Havana Balconies looked nice too. Now, if I was traveling with 2 other people (ie, 4 in a room) then I'd *really* want the suite (if I could afford it).

Good luck!

My wife and I enjoyed sailing in the Havana section of the Vista on the Transcontinental sailing bringing it from Barcelona to New York. Yes, having the Cabana pool area reserved for only those booked in cabins in the Havana section (they give you an armband to identify you). We never had a problem finding a lounge by the pool and the pool/hot tubs were never very crowded. Carnival staff were quite good at keeping non-Havana guests from intruding. Other nice little perk is that there is coffee and a few Cuban inspired breakfast items available in the morning at the bar area. The area was certainly quiet during the day. It made for a great cruise.

At night, the area is open to all guests and the Cuban disco in the bar comes alive. We never had a problem with the noise level.

As to your question if it was worth the extra money, that's why there are so many makes and models of cars. Some people are happy with a Kia while others want to ride in a Rolls Royce. Hope that helps you.

Is it worth the extra $1500 over just a regular balcony? We like our privacy BUT having the whole cabana pool and bar area to ourselves during the day looks amazing. The only problem I can see is not wanting to leave and never exploring the ship!

So, tell me about your Havana cabana experiences!

It really depends on how much time you intend to make use of the pool and bar area. For us who seldom frequent the pool, it is not worth the money that we can use for others that we like to enjoy.