1070 JS Majesty Cabin , Does anyone have any info ?

Kahhli

More than 4 months to wait?..I hope you can make it this time. My daughter and I will be on the Majesty on the 12th of this month, and I will gather some info. It seems to be a liitle hard to find info on the Ol' Majesty here, maybe because she is old and scheduled for drydock (May '06, I think?). Hopefully March '06 instead and you will be on a refurbished ship. We did the MOS back in '01 and had a great time. On that sail we were on the 3rd deck, inside. This time we went for 9th deck, outside. Next time I will spring for a balcony, but for a short (3-5 night) cruise, I can't justify the extra expense.

Your cabin is located amid ship, right between the two sets of elevators. This makes it eaasy for you to get where you're going w/o trudging too far. You have the full deck above you consisting of the Windjammer Cafe and the pool area along with a teen zone aft and just the pool deck chair area above you - so you won't be bothered with noise all night long. Below you are guest cabins. The nice thing is that this ship is designed with the floors 7 and below divided into half public rooms and half cabins. This means you only need use the aft elevator for above-your-floor activites, but you still get the choice of elevators with your deck ten location w/o a lot of huffing down endless hallways I have only heard good things about the JS category unless the folks had already been in higher level suites. You can go higher but the JS gives you plenty of room for two.

Thanks all :)

I will admit Im a tad envious of you December cruisers !!

Have a wonderful time !

Gorbat , Thanks so much for that great description.

You definitely made it seem worth the wait :D

Kahhli

Thanks Shirley !

I will get back to you on that because Im sure more questions will pop up !

Looking forward to your review.

Kahhli

Don't be shy--this board is for asking questions.

Now I just have to get through the holidays (I work in retail) and then I get to relax on this cruise. Woo Hoo!

I will be watching for the replies you get. This will be my first time on Majesty. I have been on AOS twice and NOS once. I hope the smaller ship will be as nice as the voyager class. My sister's (4) will be with me on their first cruise. I have always booked GS's and I love them, thought we would see how JS would be.:rolleyes:

Just got off the Majesty (12/2 3-day) and really enjoyed the cruise and will be writing a review this weekend. Jr. suite should be very nice....we had an inside cabin and it was small. The ship was clean and drinks were flowing.

Coco Cay was wonderful! If you want privacy walk to the right past the kids area (which was very cool, but the kids were home with MIL) and even drag a couple of chairs to your isolated spot, just so peaceful. This was our highlight of our cruise. Wish the Captain would have done a 180 that night to spend another day there.

We were in a Junior Suite last May on the Majesty.

We booked a Superior Oceanview and were upgraded (for free!!!!) to the Junior Suite with balcony.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

I could go on about the room but I'm not sure exactly what it is you want to know.

You'll have a great time if you go into this with a good attitude.

Yes, there will be a few disappointments (Nassua is a little seedy,etc.), but look for the good things and you'll have a blast.

Hi all

Again Ty all for responding.

Cabin 1070 is not on the Port side and I wondered if that makes a difference when you are at Port.

That may sound a little confusing but I have been told 2 different things where that is concerned.

Carnival told me that a Port side cabin allows you to view the Port as you are pulling into Port from your balcony and on our first Hurricane cancelled cruise the rep from Carnival booked us on that side and made it seem like it was a real plus.

This time with RCI I was told that is not always the case.

They explained that sometimes the ship backs into the Port therefore the other side would see the Port. :confused:

Just wondering which one is more likely to be the case.

We are also MidShip on the Majesty , is it true that Midship is kinder to stomach if the seas are rough ?

How was the entertainment on the ship ?

Do the bars or lounges offer a variety of music ?

Rock , country , pop etc ?

Also when you are seated at a table for dinner , do you sit with the same people every night ?

You guys have been great about offering to answer questions ! I appreciate it :)

Kahhli

. . .

Cabin 1070 is not on the Port side and I wondered if that makes a difference when you are at Port.. . .

We are also MidShip on the Majesty , is it true that Midship is kinder to stomach if the seas are rough ?. . .

How was the entertainment on the ship ?

Do the bars or lounges offer a variety of music ?

Rock , country , pop etc ?

Also when you are seated at a table for dinner , do you sit with the same people every night ?. . .

I'll let you know for certain when we return, but I believe the last time we were on the Majesty, we did back into port in Nassau. I don't think it makes a huge difference. It's a nice view from either side of the ship as far as Nassau or KW is concerned. I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's fun to be on the balcony and watch the sailing into port wherever you are on the ship.

Midship is absolutely better than either end of the ship if you are concerned about sea sickness. You will feel alot less motion even if you are on one of the higher decks. Midship, low deck is the very best place to be to minimize feeling the motion of the ocean.

We thought the entertainment was pretty good last January. We enjoyed the shows and some of the live music.

The bars do offer a variety of music. We spent alot of time in the champagne bar and they played jazz and sinatra-type music. Very mellow. Some of the bars have live entertainment. I can be more specific after we return in Jan. as things have probably changed over the past year.

Yes, if you go to the dining room every night, you will be seated at the same table. If you don't care for your tablemates after the first night, you can ask the maitre d' to try to change your table or your seating. There are 2 dining rooms on Majesty, so there is often a better chance of being accommodated. I usually check on my table location and size the first afternoon and if I'm not happy with it, I'll ask to be moved right away.

Also, you can always eat at the Windjammer or in your stateroom. When I was on Enchantment last month, they showed selections on the tv of what was available for room service from the dining room menu. While we didn't have lunch or dinner in our room, we did order breakfast every morning and ate on the balcony.

Speaking of the balcony: there is nothing like enjoying a glass of champagne on the balcony while sailing away from port on embarkation day. Talk about decadent and romantic!

Hope all this helps and I'll post more details when I get back.

Cabin 1070 is not on the Port side and I wondered if that makes a difference when you are at Port.

That may sound a little confusing but I have been told 2 different things where that is concerned.

Carnival told me that a Port side cabin allows you to view the Port as you are pulling into Port from your balcony and on our first Hurricane cancelled cruise the rep from Carnival booked us on that side and made it seem like it was a real plus.

This time with RCI I was told that is not always the case.

They explained that sometimes the ship backs into the Port therefore the other side would see the Port. :confused:

Port side is the left side of the ship when facing forward. It has nothing to do with which side of the ship will be facing the port when docking. Depending on the port and ship sometimes it's the port side facing the port and sometimes it's the starboard (right) side facing the port.

I do think it's hysterical that a Carnival employee told you a port side cabin would allow you to view the port from your balcony while pulling into port. :D

Great Shirley !

Cant wait to read your review. You have been soo helpful :)

Ahhh Jazz , I like that too. Sounds like they have it covered.

Champagne on the balcony , Sounds lovely right now with the current temp of 19 and a windchill of 6 !! Enjoy your cruise !!

Aprille , honestly I got sucked right into that Carnival line didnt I ?? lol

Could they smell a rookie or what ? :eek:

Thanks for the breakdown.

It really isnt that big of a deal one way or the other I suppose as long as we are kid free and cruising :D

Larasmom Have fun !

Have a glass of bubbly and think of us back here !

Enjoy.

Kahhli

Aprille , honestly I got sucked right into that Carnival line didnt I ?? lol

Could they smell a rookie or what ? :eek:

Thanks for the breakdown.

It really isnt that big of a deal one way or the other I suppose as long as we are kid free and cruising :D

I wouldn't call it being sucked in. I would call it getting an uninformed cruiseline employee on the phone giving out false information. Imagine that! That hardly ever happens. :rolleyes: :p

You're right. It isn't that big of a deal. Kid-free and cruising? What could be better?! Enjoy! :)

In all the info, it just says bathtub, but I see no shower, is it in the tub, or there isn't one in the room, I can't immagine there not being one.....does any one know for sure, or can they find out for me---I would hate to have no shower for my 6 ft. son and his family going with me....

Thanks

In all the info, it just says bathtub, but I see no shower, is it in the tub, or there isn't one in the room, I can't immagine there not being one.....does any one know for sure, or can they find out for me---I would hate to have no shower for my 6 ft. son and his family going with me....

Thanks[/quote

I was on the Majesty last July in room 1042 JS and it had a bathtub with shower. I am sure the GS would have the same or better. Happy Sailing!

Richard

Archived