how did you like Vista Havana Patio Cabin deck 5?

Bimmie Girl

We just booked the Havana Patio Cabin for our Dec. cruise on the Vista...........anyone else have one of these cabins and if so, what can you tell us about the experience with them? How did you like sharing patio time with passers by (even though it is wrist band access only)? Heard they serve breakfast in the Havana Bar each morning.........if so what do they serve? (would be nice to have something to take back to the balcony to enjoy each morning). How was it having access to the pool and hot tubs during the day? Being on deck 5, what else did you take advantage to during the day or on the ship? SIL has the patio next to ours so really looking forward to this new kind of balcony/patio.

• Like 1

We just booked the Havana Patio Cabin for our Dec. cruise on the Vista...........anyone else have one of these cabins and if so, what can you tell us about the experience with them? How did you like sharing patio time with passers by (even though it is wrist band access only)? Heard they serve breakfast in the Havana Bar each morning.........if so what do they serve? (would be nice to have something to take back to the balcony to enjoy each morning). How was it having access to the pool and hot tubs during the day? Being on deck 5, what else did you take advantage to during the day or on the ship? SIL has the patio next to ours so really looking forward to this new kind of balcony/patio.

Hiw much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I've seen the cabanas go from $3000 to $5000 but nothing cheaper than $3k

• Like 1

I loved ours. It was very quiet on our patio, and maybe a dozen people walked by every day. So not as public as you might think. Had more activity in the balconies above us.

They had discontinued the breakfast items in the Havana Bar when we sailed, I do not think they've started them back up again since February. However, the Taste Bar is steps away in Ocean Plaza and they had a full hot breakfast with a couple of dozen options every morning. No crowds and you can eat where you please.

We also liked that our elevators took us either straight to the dining room, or straight to the Lido deck. A stroll forward on Deck 5 took us past the restaurants, and to the Atrium, shops and lounges. It was really easy to get around from Deck 5. We rarely went up to the Lido pools, too crowded and we much preferred the quiet of the Havana area.

• Like 1

Hiw much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I've seen the cabanas go from $3000 to $5000 but nothing cheaper than $3k

we did not get the Suite ones, just the patio which are priced at the same as the spa balconies. Our cabins are the size of a regular balcony cabin we are just paying for the larger patio. Plus we got early saver so as the price drops we plan on taking advantage of that. The total was way under 3K for both of us

• Like 1

I loved ours. It was very quiet on our patio, and maybe a dozen people walked by every day. So not as public as you might think. Had more activity in the balconies above us.

They had discontinued the breakfast items in the Havana Bar when we sailed, I do not think they've started them back up again since February. However, the Taste Bar is steps away in Ocean Plaza and they had a full hot breakfast with a couple of dozen options every morning. No crowds and you can eat where you please.

We also liked that our elevators took us either straight to the dining room, or straight to the Lido deck. A stroll forward on Deck 5 took us past the restaurants, and to the Atrium, shops and lounges. It was really easy to get around from Deck 5. We rarely went up to the Lido pools, too crowded and we much preferred the quiet of the Havana area.

Thanks for responding! Taste bar breakfast will be fine and close enough for us or we may try room service, as we have never done that before. Just thought of having coffee and some thing to start the day on a patio would be nice. looking forward to having a drink out there at night before dinner.........looks like the pool bar is just around the corner!!

• Like 1

On February 23, 2016, I booked a Havana Cabana Suite on Deck 5 with taxes and fees for two people for $3,543 for February 2018. I would have booked a regular Havana Cabana balcony but the suite was the only cabin on Deck 5 available. I have seen a Havana Cabana cabin become available every now and again and it is always a few hundred dollars more than the suite.

We usually sail suites on DCL and Haven on NCL and regular balconies on RCCL so we are really looking forward to trying this exclusive area (even if only until 7 pm LOL) on CCL.

Just got off the Vista yesterday. Stayed in cabana room 5239. It was amazing! It was never crowded in the pool area. My husband and I literally had the pool to ourselves at times. Unfortunately, the Havana area has spoiled me and I don't think I will ever not book a room there. Worth the extra money! Had a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

Just got off the Vista yesterday. Stayed in cabana room 5239. It was amazing! It was never crowded in the pool area. My husband and I literally had the pool to ourselves at times. Unfortunately, the Havana area has spoiled me and I don't think I will ever not book a room there. Worth the extra money! Had a wonderful cruise!

Good to know, now we are really excited!!! Amazing how booking a certain cabin can give one a totally different cruise experience.

Good to know, now we are really excited!!! Amazing how booking a certain cabin can give one a totally different cruise experience.

Absolutely, but I think it is more about booking in a certain "area" then the cabin but that's just me!

Thanks so much for the review. Cannot wait until February to sail!

LOVED 5212 in March this year. Had very little traffic past or lanai at any given time. Mostly other Cabana guests. There is a 'gate' at the front of the area that is 'locked' (use one of your key cards) during the day.

The Breakfast offerings in the Ocean Plaza area right behind the coffee shop was great. We ate there each morning rather than fight the crowds on Lido. The only thing I missed was the omelet station. But, given the choice of having an omelet or not having crowds.... I would take no crowds in a heart beat! Places to sit on Lido for breakfast were in high demand.

Enjoy this area. We spent a lot of time just chilling on our lanai or in the aft pool area.

I booked a havana balcony last April for a cruise on the 25th (AHHH!!) and it was 3030.00 after taxes and fees for 2 people. Before the ship sold out I saw them going for upwards of 4500.00 after taxes and fees a month or two ago :o

LOVED 5212 in March this year. Had very little traffic past or lanai at any given time. Mostly other Cabana guests. There is a 'gate' at the front of the area that is 'locked' (use one of your key cards) during the day.

The Breakfast offerings in the Ocean Plaza area right behind the coffee shop was great. We ate there each morning rather than fight the crowds on Lido. The only thing I missed was the omelet station. But, given the choice of having an omelet or not having crowds.... I would take no crowds in a heart beat! Places to sit on Lido for breakfast were in high demand.

Enjoy this area. We spent a lot of time just chilling on our lanai or in the aft pool area.

We are in 5212 in December! So excited.

Question, this cabin is pretty far down the line, if coming from the pool, correct?

How close to the "door/gate" that blocks off the Havana area on deck 5, are you?

Any pictures to share?

There was one that opened on on my sailing for March 2018 and it was priced way high. Should have looked at them right we when first booked but not too many reviews were out for them yet. Now i wish we had one. We are in the spa balcony cabin so we will be able to take advantage of the spa amenities.

There was one that opened on on my sailing for March 2018 and it was priced way high. Should have looked at them right we when first booked but not too many reviews were out for them yet. Now i wish we had one. We are in the spa balcony cabin so we will be able to take advantage of the spa amenities.

You will love the spa balcony and all the amenities. If you cant have a Havana the nest best thing is the spa balconies. So close to the serenity deck too. We have had 2 spa balconies and both times lived in that area of the ship! Have a wonderful cruise!

• 4 years later...
On 8/10/2017 at 7:48 PM, surfjock27 said:

We are in 5212 in December! So excited.

Question, this cabin is pretty far down the line, if coming from the pool, correct?

How close to the "door/gate" that blocks off the Havana area on deck 5, are you?

Any pictures to share?

We are in that cabin until Dec 4!  Are you right after us?

• Like 1