HAL Pros: Any flight tips?

saltshell

What you need is a "multi city" booking. If you are checking directly with the airlines you can do so online and choose the multi city function indicating your departure city and date and your return departure city and date. I will tell you that you can get these types of fares directly with HAL Flight Eze that are most often greatly reduced in price. We booked our Med cruise on Koningsdam departing from Rome and return from Amsterdam at less than half the price the airline quoted.

I agree with Lady Arwen on using a Multi-city booking. I'm a big fan of google flights to do my research. It's easy to use and you can pick flights to price track. I'd use it to get a feel for prices, then call HAL. HAL often contracts for a number of seats at good prices, but without a little research first, you won't know what a good price is.

We often use a multi-city when cruising from Ft Lauderdale. We are flying into Miami but out of Ft Lauderdale due to better flight scheduling on our next one.

I agree with Lady Arwen on using a Multi-city booking. I'm a big fan of google flights to do my research. It's easy to use and you can pick flights to price track. I'd use it to get a feel for prices, then call HAL. HAL often contracts for a number of seats at good prices, but without a little research first, you won't know what a good price is.

We often use a multi-city when cruising from Ft Lauderdale. We are flying into Miami but out of Ft Lauderdale due to better flight scheduling on our next one.

Yes, always check out your options before booking your flights. One good thing with HAL air is that the flights are quite often "flexible". Payment not required until final cruise payment and you can cancel your flight anytime up until then should you see a better offer or change your plans.

Definitely do your research by using the multi-city option on any major airline website. If you don't have a favorite airline, use a generic search engine like Google, Kayak to search. It is called booking an open-jaw flight. So, in your case, you are flying from Point A to Point B and then picking up the flight at Point C to go back to Point A. We have done this many times. With research in hand, you will want to contact HAL or your travel agent, who will work with HAL, to see what they can offer you. We have been able to tell HAL the exact times, flights, airlines and seats we want in advance. Flight Ease has generally been cheaper than booking it ourselves. Have a wonderful cruise.

I do it. Many do it. Some definitely frown on it. You need to do research. If round trip is hundreds cheaper than one way you may want to consider buying round trip and throw away the return half. I am not in any airline mileage program - gave up on that a long time ago.

What you need is a "multi city" booking. If you are checking directly with the airlines you can do so online and choose the multi city function indicating your departure city and date and your return departure city and date. I will tell you that you can get these types of fares directly with HAL Flight Eze that are most often greatly reduced in price. We booked our Med cruise on Koningsdam departing from Rome and return from Amsterdam at less than half the price the airline quoted.

Have used Flight Eze for the last 4 trips...definitely the way to go....much cheaper fares than I could get on my own and you don't have to pay for them until final payment.

Thanks for the info, helpful. How far in advance, or close to departure should I contact HAL for flight Eze? Can I choose my dates if I want to extend my Stay? Thanks again.

You can book 330 to 4 days from the departure date of your cruise. It is worth your time to check and see what Flight Ease offers you. Note that the offerings do change, so the sooner you check into it, the more flexibility you will have.

Have a great cruise.