June 5 Caribbean Princess Review

LarryF

Almost every cruiseline we have sailed has had some sort or Newly Wed Game takeoff. You can enter to be in the costest and each contestant gets a bottle of champagne and a rose at the end! They usually try to pick a newlywed couple, a 40 or 50 year anniverary couple and an mid range anniversary couple. Enjoy!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

on Caribbean Princess June 5, 2004

Larry

Larry, a question that I don't think was asked or answered. You mentioned all the pools on the ship. The Star Princess had a lovely pool with a moveable rooftop that was closed most of the time. It made for a nice lovely inside pool with shade! Does the CP have such a pool with retractable roof? Or did I read that all pools are outdoors? Thanks!

6/1974 Costa Flavia, Bahamas; 7/1997 Royal Majesty, Bermuda; 3/2000 Carnival Celebration, Caribbean; 6/2000 Regal Princess, Alaska; 7/2000 NCL Majesty, Bermuda; 12/2000 RCCL Nordic Empress, Caribbean; 3/2002 Star Princess, Mex Riviera; 6/2002 RCCL Splendour, Mediterranean; 12/2003 Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas; 8/2004 Caribbean Princess, Caribbean.

I too enjoyed your review. Princess does it right.

JCH

Sky Princess - 1997 West Coastal

Sea Princess - 2001 Western Caribbean

Sea Princess - 2002 Alaska

Reposition Cruise - Transcanal

Coral Princess April 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;4;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to answer everyones questions. What a wonderful review. I took enjoyed our one and only cruise because I had a beautiful bride all to myself for an entire week. Aren't these ladies the GREATEST!!! We're taking the kids on the CP this time around...

We sail off into the sunset aboard Caribbean Princess in:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;7;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Grand Princess - W. Caribbean - Feb 02

Caribbean Princess - E. Caribbean - 7/3/04

Thanks, Larry. Looks like I'll be spending my time at the aft pool where there might be some shade. I like the sun, but it doesn't like me all that much! I need shade, a comfy chair, and a good book and I'm set for a loooonng time.

6/1974 Costa Flavia, Bahamas; 7/1997 Royal Majesty, Bermuda; 3/2000 Carnival Celebration, Caribbean; 6/2000 Regal Princess, Alaska; 7/2000 NCL Majesty, Bermuda; 12/2000 RCCL Nordic Empress, Caribbean; 3/2002 Star Princess, Mex Riviera; 6/2002 RCCL Splendour, Mediterranean; 12/2003 Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas; 8/2004 Caribbean Princess, Caribbean.

larry...that was marvelous!! a cc girlfriend of mine just sent me your link, as we will be having our reunion cruise on that gorgeous ship in sept.05. i have read many reviews on the cc board, but your was just the most detailed i've ever read!

too bad i have to sit with my anticipation for so mant months, but i printed your review and hung it by my computer so i can refer to it and dream!!! i'll also take it with, so i don't forget anything on the ship.

i'm traveling with my mom(83) for her very first cruise and after reading your review, i know i made the right choice for her!

thank you, thank you, thank you!

rick and dana (=^.^=) meow

it's official! dana and perle are royal hounds!

until the royal hounds caribbean princess!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2005;09;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since the Brilliance of the Seas!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since the Explorer of the Seas!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;9;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Brilliance of the Seas! 4/9/04

Explorer of the Seas! 9/20/03

carnival destiny 6/6/02

(Hey, Dana! Cats-R-Us! We're all just dying to meet Perle, and I have a feeling that she will be crowned "Queen of the Ship"!)

Larry, I really want to thank you for your very detailed review. I can't tell you how helpful this was for me/us, as we will be on this ship next year, and you've given some great information! Thanks so much, and glad you enjoyed your cruise!

25years - I just saw your post - I am also going on Caribbean Princess - 7-3 - there are over 100 of us that have been keeping in touch with eachother and plan on meeting the day we get on the ship. Let me know if your going to join us......Looking forward to meeting everyone..NancyK icon_biggrin.gif

Larry - Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review! we will be sailing on her next year on a cc group cruise - sounds like we made a great choice.

Grand Princess 11/8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;08;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;09;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

hounds3.gif

Explorer of the Seas 8/03

Grand Princess 9/02

Hi Larry! My family was on the Triumph June 5-12. We were docked across the pier from the CP in St. Maarten. The ship is beautiful and in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten, we met some really nice people from your cruise. I was just browsing reviews and since we're considering a Princess cruise next and we sailed the same week, I had to read yours. We had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck and might have seen you (along with several other CP passengers) in St. Maarten. I agree, those balconies are very private except when another ship is docked directly across from you! Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

• 4 months later...

Lary, you did an awesome job with the review,went to get hubby so he could read every word.Dellightful and makes us want to go now. Not really too good on the computer but how do you get a CC group going with commentator???? Are you cruising this winter???? Looking forward seeing all you mentioned when we set sail in Jan. Re. St Maarten, we have been twice before and this time I am staying put on the ship. How many jewellery stores does one need to see????Love St. Thomas and have done a bus tour but still am looking forward to seeing it again.Thanks again for your help.Liz

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for a great review, my family and I sail March 12/05. Can't wait. Was curious about something, do they still sell the pop cards and use the red coke cannisters? We went on the Golden 2 years ago march break with the kids and loved it.

Good to know the ice cream secret, the 12 year old will be there daily!

Also wondered about PC dining, didn't have to make reservations before, you have to now every night?

Thanks.

Archived