Question regarding my oceanview stateroom

troy510

I'm booked on an upcoming cruise, in room 5772 to be exact on the Norwegian Breakaway. It's an oceanview room, category 01. Does anyone know if this room has a drop down bunk bed? My personal cruise consultant told me no, but the other rooms I see on YouTube that are the exact same type have them and I think she's just misinformed. Can anyone confirm?

I'm booked on an upcoming cruise, in room 5772 to be exact on the Norwegian Breakaway. It's an oceanview room, category 01. Does anyone know if this room has a drop down bunk bed? My personal cruise consultant told me no, but the other rooms I see on YouTube that are the exact same type have them and I think she's just misinformed. Can anyone confirm?

Stateroom #:5772:Category O1 - Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Includes two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, bathroom with tub/shower combination, spacious wardrobe,sitting area with sofa bed and vanity, and extra bedding that accommodates two.

Right. That's what I'm reading on the website as well; however, that would not explain an option for a 5th person. The description above would suit 4 people but the website says the room can accommodate up to 5.

Family_OV_Norwegian_Breakaway_590.jpg

Right. That's what I'm reading on the website as well; however, that would not explain an option for a 5th person.

The description above would suit 4 people but the website says the room can accommodate up to 5.

IMHO any "Family Oceanview" cabin would be very uncomfortable with five,

unless it was a family with small children.

In the picture, you can see that berths 1 and 2 are regular beds, berths 3 and 4 are conversions from the daytime sofa, and the fifth berth (not seen) comes down out of the ceiling .

Edited by $hip$hape

OP, the drop down pullman bed is normally recessed & flushed into the ceiling, hidden out of sight - and set up for sleeping only when needed (over or on top of the convertible full length/size sofa bed)

This category of OV stateroom is bigger than a standard balcony on the BA, about the same size as a mini-suite (without the balcony) and would be considered very roomy ... tight in space to some for sleeping 5. Comfort is a relative term & subjective.

Based on decoding the published deck plan, symbols for the stateroom, etc. - it has bedding for up to 5 - a recessed pullman bed is up & flush blended into the ceiling.

Yes these rooms sleep 5, we stayed in one 2016 to Bermuda . Our 3 kids were 10,12,14 and we fit just fine. We were never in our room- so much to do on the ship and in Bermuda... we had friends staying in a balcony room with 4ppl and our room was much bigger. The steward will put away the beds and take them out but we asked to keep it open by my teens liked to come back to room mid day for naps/reading so it was easier to keep it set up for beds. Our last cruise we had two connecting OV rooms and it gave more privacy but we got such a deal on this one we grabbed it (for $3200 w/bev pkg for the 5 of us during a school break NY to Bermuda) it was well worth it. I'm not home now or else I'd post my photos of the room. Plenty of storage room for our suitcases too. We loved the breakaway! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums