Private tours for Rome and greece

Hello we're leaving barcelona in September for cruising to Cannes, Rome, athens, Ephesus, Santorini & valetta. We have 2 children 4 & 6 so we are looking to book private tours in these ports. We'd love to hear if you have used any private tours in these ports recently, who you'd recommend along with any itineraries that you experienced that were awesome with children. TIA :cool::) L & L

Last October we used Robert Dahan of Sunshine Riviera Tour when docked in Villefranche. Robert was incredible and did such a wonderful tour based on our requirements. He does pick ups in many places from cruise ships along the riviera, including Cannes. I can't recommend him highly enough.

In Rome (and Livorno) I used Papillon Tours. The drivers in both locations were wonderful - so polite, helpful and informative. Our Rome tour was my favourite of our entire cruise. The driver really went to great efforts to accommodate the requirements, getting to know what interests we had and then incorporating them into our tour.

I wasn't cruising with children but the vans used by both companies were large and comfortable and I can imagine children would have been well accommodated.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We went on 2 tours with this company, one of which was Rome.

This was likely the best-run and most-enjoyable tour anywhere in the world that we've experienced. That applies to both tours we booked in Rome and La Spezia (Pisa/Florence).

Given your group, we highly recommend using them:

https://www.romeinlimo.com/

We used Sylvie di Cristo in Cannes, Email is her name @gmail.com, web site was Frenchrivieraguides.net

In Italy we used Rome in Limo for 3 different cities, including Rome. They were great and have great reviews on Cruise critic.

Have a great trip.

We went on 2 tours with this company, one of which was Rome.

This was likely the best-run and most-enjoyable tour anywhere in the world that we've experienced. That applies to both tours we booked in Rome and La Spezia (Pisa/Florence).

Given your group, we highly recommend using them:

https://www.romeinlimo.com/

Have used romeinlimo many times. Great. They can also provide a guide for the Vatican which allows you to skip the lines and have some insight to the amazing art therein. I recommend them to all my friends traveling to Rome.

We just returned from the Rhapsody cruise. When in Athens, we did the PKTravel 1/2 day Athens tour. They met us at the terminal, in an air conditioned van. (There were 8 of us.) https://www.pktravelgreece.com/ is their website, and they offer different tours. I was very pleased. They were very knowledgeable, and I recommend them.

Have used romeinlimo many times. Great. They can also provide a guide for the Vatican which allows you to skip the lines and have some insight to the amazing art therein. I recommend them to all my friends traveling to Rome.

Yup, awesome tours. We did tours with them in Naples, Rome and Livorno (for Pisa and Florence). Can't recommend them enough.

We also used PK tours in Greece. In Rome we used both Driverinrome.com and also Shareanexcurisioninrome.com. They are both owned by the same person. Both were great. I woiuld never do a Ship Excursion. We don't like more than 8 people in a car or Van. The ship excursion are very expensive, have many people on a bus. The ship excursion is only as fast as the slowest person. We've been to Europe 6 times and never had a problem with private tours or getting back to the ship on time.

Last October we used Robert Dahan of Sunshine Riviera Tour when docked in Villefranche. Robert was incredible and did such a wonderful tour based on our requirements. He does pick ups in many places from cruise ships along the riviera, including Cannes. I can't recommend him highly enough.

In Rome (and Livorno) I used Papillon Tours. The drivers in both locations were wonderful - so polite, helpful and informative. Our Rome tour was my favourite of our entire cruise. The driver really went to great efforts to accommodate the requirements, getting to know what interests we had and then incorporating them into our tour.

I wasn't cruising with children but the vans used by both companies were large and comfortable and I can imagine children would have been well accommodated.

Our Papillon tour from Livorno was by far best tour and driver , also in Barcelona, Barcelona day tour is excellent

:) Thanks heaps - appreciate the time to send us the info L