Carry on wine question

JayFromVa

My wife and I are leaving Saturday on vista. We are both planning on carrying on a bottle as I know you can carry on 1 750ml bottle per person. My question is can I take a corkscrew on board to open wine in the room? and does that need to be in my carry on or my checked luggage?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, screw top bottles are easiest to open & easier than shoving the cork back in the bottle. I guess real wine drinkers have tops for that, but I don't drink wine that often, so I don't have a lot of that type stuff. Truth be told, I don't even drink my wine from a wine glass (gasp!). I guess I'm a redneck, since I have been known to drink champagne & wine out of my yeti.

Yes, screw top bottles are easiest to open & easier than shoving the cork back in the bottle. I guess real wine drinkers have tops for that, but I don't drink wine that often, so I don't have a lot of that type stuff. Truth be told, I don't even drink my wine from a wine glass (gasp!). I guess I'm a redneck, since I have been known to drink champagne & wine out of my yeti.

I turn my MadDog 2020 right from the bottle straight to the lips. Of Course I chill it first :o

OP ,I place my wine bottles in a separate carry on bag by themselves when boarding. When the scanner detects bottles it gives them a reason to search your luggage.

Found out years ago port security thoroughly enjoys trashing peoples luggage.

Edited by BoDidly