Cancelling passengers from booking

tweetybird617

HI all! I have a cruise booked for next April on the Dream in a cove balcony with my DH, DD, DS, and myself. It turns out that DH and DS may not be going. However, DD and I will still be able to.

Is there a penalty for cancelling 2 passengers from the cabin? Will I lose my cabin? I really want to keep it!

If it makes a difference, I am booked under ES and my final payment is not due until January.

Thanks for any info or advice!!

ES has penalties....usually $50pp and the balance of their deposit goes on a future cruise certificate (if they paid more than $50)

as far as cabin...if they need a cabin for 4 they will probably have to move you to a cabin for two

did you book thru Carnival or TA?

There may be extentuating circumstances....

HI all! I have a cruise booked for next April on the Dream in a cove balcony with my DH, DD, DS, and myself. It turns out that DH and DS may not be going. However, DD and I will still be able to.

Is there a penalty for cancelling 2 passengers from the cabin? Will I lose my cabin? I really want to keep it!

If it makes a difference, I am booked under ES and my final payment is not due until January.

Thanks for any info or advice!!

Before final payment, there is a $50 per person cancellation fee, then the rest of the deposit goes as a future cruise credit that must be used within 2 years of the date of cancellation.

You might be moved out of the cabin, but you are not necessarily in a peak time so you might not. Most of the time, they won't change your cabin right away, but there is definitely a possibility that they will change your cabin later on. The best thing to do would be to find a cabin that fits only 2 people, near where your current cabin is.

You have plenty of time until the final payment date, so you don't have to cancel right away. However, the chance of you getting a cabin in a good location for 2 people goes down the longer you wait.

I just got off the phone with carnival with this same question. What the others said is true.

Our deposit was $75 pp. We would lose $50 and the remaining $25 would be held as future cruise credit.

Sonce our cabin accommodates more than 2 we may be moved to another room or deck any time between now and our cruise.

I think we are going to leave our booking as is for 3 people so we can stay where we are. We would only save $54 by cancelling our 3rd person.

You have plenty of time until the final payment date' date=' so you don't have to cancel right away. However, the chance of you getting a cabin in a good location for 2 people goes down the longer you wait.

I agree with the suggestion, especially if the situation changes again again in January before final payment date when your DH can join you. But the risk is that better cabin.

but you are not necessarily in a peak time
Threadstarter is sailing on 4/1/18 according to their signature, which just happens to be Easter Sunday. This most certainly is a peak time.

I just got off the phone with carnival with this same question. What the others said is true.

Our deposit was $75 pp. We would lose $50 and the remaining $25 would be held as future cruise credit.

Sonce our cabin accommodates more than 2 we may be moved to another room or deck any time between now and our cruise.

I think we are going to leave our booking as is for 3 people so we can stay where we are. We would only save $54 by cancelling our 3rd person.

Hope they let just the two of you board. Might hold things up looking for number 3... (I'm called overly paranoid by some...)

I have the same issue. I have 2 rooms of 3 booked next to each other. The ship is very full now as we leave in 64 days. 1 person now can't go. The cruise fare isn't that much more for the 3rd person in the room so I'm wondering if I should just let that person be a no show? Has anyone ever done this? I know we will lose the cruise fare portion but does Carnival refund the unused pre-paid gratuity, taxes and port charges?

So, If I do have to move to a 2 pax cabin, will they make me rebook at the current rates? They have went up quite a bit since I first booked.

I understand that the rates will change going from 4 to 2 passengers, but will they at least stay at the rate that I originally booked?

So, If I do have to move to a 2 pax cabin, will they make me rebook at the current rates? They have went up quite a bit since I first booked.

I understand that the rates will change going from 4 to 2 passengers, but will they at least stay at the rate that I originally booked?

My rate stayed the same as when we booked when I cancelled our 3rd person out of the cabin. It was before final pay date so I do not know if that matters or not. We just lost the $49.00 deposit that she had paid.

If you cancel the 3rd or 4th person your rate stays the same. You are not rebooking. They may move you to a different room, but that won't change your bill.

If you keep the booking the same and let the 3rd person be a no show they will refund the taxes and port fees and gratuities if prepaid. They do it automatically on the second day.

What Im not sure about is whether they refund the credit card it was paid with or give it to you as on board credit. I was hoping someone could answer that.

I have the same issue. I have 2 rooms of 3 booked next to each other. The ship is very full now as we leave in 64 days. 1 person now can't go. The cruise fare isn't that much more for the 3rd person in the room so I'm wondering if I should just let that person be a no show? Has anyone ever done this? I know we will lose the cruise fare portion but does Carnival refund the unused pre-paid gratuity, taxes and port charges?

I had two cabins booked. Both people in the second cabin were no shows. I received refund of taxes and port fees and also the FTTF that I had purchased for them.

I am not familiar with Cove Balconies but isn't that a specialty cabin???? Do they have cove balconies for just 2 ppl??? Doesn't seem right if this type of balcony can boot you to a lessor cabin because of 1 person!