Question about dining

Strawberry field

Hi

We always have freedom dining but I have been asked a question about Early Savers bookings. If it happens that a couple who has booked ES is allotted 6.30 dining but wants to do something else at 6.30 and just ate later in the buffet do they need to tell someone they won't be in the restaurant at 6.30? I have no idea myself so hoping you can help

Hope that makes sense.:)

Thanks

If it is just for one evening, it would be polite for them to tell their table mates and their waiters so that they are not waiting for them to turn up.... but if it is for the whole cruise, then it would be polite to tell the Restaurant Manager right at the start, one reason being so that he could re allocate your friends' table to someone else.

If it is just for one evening, it would be polite for them to tell their table mates and their waiters so that they are not waiting for them to turn up.... but if it is for the whole cruise, then it would be polite to tell the Restaurant Manager right at the start, one reason being so that he could re allocate your friends' table to someone else.

Thanks for such a quick reply. We were thinking about the politeness aspect. That's answered my question so I can now look intelligent when I tell them :)

Thanks for such a quick reply. We were thinking about the politeness aspect. That's answered my question so I can now look intelligent when I tell them :)

Love it!!! :) :) :) In fixed dining, they usually wait until the whole table has arrived before they take your order unless they know you aren't coming.

Love it!!! :) :) :) In fixed dining, they usually wait until the whole table has arrived before they take your order unless they know you aren't coming.

Good job I've never done fixed dining as I didn't know that! We would have always been labelled "oh there's that couple" ;)

Where possible we used to mention it the night before, as the message doesn't always reach the table.

Years ago it seemed more important to the restaurant staff to know whereas now they seemed less concerned. On occasions I've gone to tell them and they've just said it doesn't matter, even though I've tried to point out people may wait. Other times the table have said there was no message despite leaving one.

If I was to go on fixed again I think I would say never wait more than 5 mins, especially as I am rarely late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where possible we used to mention it the night before, as the message doesn't always reach the table.

Years ago it seemed more important to the restaurant staff to know whereas now they seemed less concerned. On occasions I've gone to tell them and they've just said it doesn't matter, even though I've tried to point out people may wait. Other times the table have said there was no message despite leaving one.

If I was to go on fixed again I think I would say never wait more than 5 mins, especially as I am rarely late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you I'm just pleased we go freedom much easier and no chance of accidentally upsetting anyone.