O excursions ??????

Sabbycat

Nancyshaw;

Had I been the trip Captain of that private tour, I wouldn’t have allowed that person in the van to start with. I would also have objected if I was only another participant. Paying the extra money, because of fewer participants, would have been a better option for us.

Being unpleasant when another persons mobility doesn't match up to your preconceived expectations is not anything to be proud of.

You may feel mislead by their representations, yet you will probably be a happier person in the long run if you put that persons feelings ahead of your zeal to maximize your touring time.

Imagine them being your mother or your sister...........or you in 20 years. Karma is a harsh mistress.

https://www.amazon.com/Really-Need-Know-Learned-Kindergarten/dp/034546639X

Jim & Stan;

Grossly misrepresenting one’s physical abilities leading to greatly diminished experiences of others is the paramount of rudeness. Facilitating those that choose to sign up for tours, for which they are not reasonably capable of, only motivates them to continue such perverse behavior.

I could care less what actions you might consider appropriate when faced by such dedicated liars. Please don’t attempt to tell me how my feelings may be affected by them.

I think I'm inbetween you two ... perhaps because I've had some mobility problems in recent years. It started when I tore my meniscus the day before boarding Regatta in November 2005. That led to knee surgery. Clearly I was limited for a while after the surgery, but usually I keep up. I will use a cane on tours, more for facility in getting in and out of vans as well as on stairs. But I do keep up. I would be mortified if I held up others. I pay attention to the tour description to make sure I'll be okay.

I agree that it IS selfish when people have great difficulty but sign up for a tour that says there can be problems for people with mobility issues.

Our guide on a recent Malta tour was frustrated when people were lagging behind. But he had an elderly group (they didn't necessarily have mobility problems) they just weren't walking as fast as he wanted ... and it was a very large group.

All he could do was encourage people to walk faster ... not that everyone did!

Mura

Being unpleasant when another persons mobility doesn't match up to your preconceived expectations is not anything to be proud of.

You may feel mislead by their representations, yet you will probably be a happier person in the long run if you put that persons feelings ahead of your zeal to maximize your touring time.

Imagine them being your mother or your sister...........or you in 20 years. Karma is a harsh mistress.

https://www.amazon.com/Really-Need-K.../dp/034546639X

Jim & Stan

I agree with you Jim & Stan!!!

Jim & Stan;

Grossly misrepresenting one’s physical abilities leading to greatly diminished experiences of others is the paramount of rudeness. Facilitating those that choose to sign up for tours, for which they are not reasonably capable of, only motivates them to continue such perverse behavior.

I could care less what actions you might consider appropriate when faced by such dedicated liars. Please don’t attempt to tell me how my feelings may be affected by them.

I would feel the same way. If people lie it is on them and they are be the ones that should be shamed.