Parking in Miami

We have used a place called "Safe Cruise Parking" 3 or 4 times without incident. Literally 30 seconds off the interstate. Pickup at the port was fairly quick. But they do go to other lines to fill the van.

Miami has horrible off-site parking venues. They are in bad neighborhoods and shuttles are not reliable. Check out the Ports of Call boards and you'll see most everyone agrees. Better to just bite the bullet and pay the $20/night.

Can anyone recommend places other than the port in Miami to park during cruise please?

Those on the Florida Departures forum will tell you that the port is the only safe place to park.

Those on the Florida Departures forum will tell you that the port is the only safe place to park.

Strongly agree; only park at port. Off-site parking is not as safe and when you disembark I have read stories of 1-3 hours waiting on shuttles, unanswered phones, people caving in and hailing a cab to get back to their lot (negating savings). I like to save money and the off-site parking is just not worth the headache and hassles. We walk across street from terminal, get in car, and are out of the port pronto.

Unless you can book a park, stay, and cruise rate at a local hotel I would just park at the port. We got a great rate at a hotel that includes a week of parking for our cruise in November. If not for that, we'd definitely be parking at the port.

Can anyone recommend places other than the port in Miami to park during cruise please?

We have used a place called "Safe Cruise Parking" 3 or 4 times without incident. Literally 30 seconds off the interstate. Pickup at the port was fairly quick. But they do go to other lines to fill the van.

We have also used Safe Cruise Parking several times. I am one who refused to even sail out of Miami due to a really horrible experience with off site parking many years ago. Safe parking is affiliated with Parkway Parking, which we use when sailing out of Tampa. The lot is grass, but is surrounded by tall buildings, with one way in and one way out. We will be sailing out of Miami again and will use them.