Dining on Oasis help

Hello Alll, we are new to cruising with just a couple under our belt. This is our first Oasis class cruise. While very excited I have become a bit overwhelmed having to pick shows now. My question is we would like to try specialty resturants because the MDR times are kind of strange 5:30 too early and 8:00 too late!! Is it worth buying a dining package and will we have trouble with reservations for specialty restaurants when we get on the ship? Any help I s always greatly appreciated!!

I had the dining package in June on Independence and it was fantastic. I will definitely book it again.

If you book it online, it might not let you select a time that you want to dine at. I think I had to choose 6pm or 8pm but once on the ship we were easily able to change it and we ate at 7pm every night. Thoroughly recommend it :)

MDR at 5:30 or 8 is for traditional fixed dinning, MTD is open 5-9. You can just walk in or set a reservation. MDR and MTD can not be interchanged throughout the week. If you have been given MDR and want to change to MTD call your TA now to be changed. MTD usually fills up before sail date and is hard to change once on board. No problem buying your specialty dinning packages once on board and it is easy to get reservation for any time other than 8pm. Check your cruise planner for sales on specialty packages and FNDR. happy cruising

MTD is My Time Dining. It is for dining in the MDR - Main Dining Room

FNDR is First Night Done Right - a package that is sold in cruise planner for dinner in a specialty restaurant on the first night of the cruise

We are on Oasis right now. We have My Time Dining but have also done First Night Done Right. Tonight we ate in the Solarium Bistro. Food was excellent as was the service. It is free but you do need a reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you to all. So helpful!! Went on cruise planner last night and when you look at the different resturants it says nothing available with package, what does that mean? So confused at this point! As always thanks for the help

Lately, it seems that Royal is releasing the dining packages for booking well before they release bookings for individual restaurants. Keep checking, the ability to book restaurants without a package should be available at some point.

For my time dining, can you set it up so that you have the same table and waiters each night?

The normal main dining room experience at 5:30 and 8:30 is exactly what we want but with different hours.

If you have reservations for the same time each night, they will do their best to give you the same wait staff.

Thank you to all. So helpful!! Went on cruise planner last night and when you look at the different resturants it says nothing available with package, what does that mean? So confused at this point! As always thanks for the help

As a point of reference, bookings for individual restaurants opened at the end of July for our early Nov cruise on Oasis.

If you have reservations for the same time each night, they will do their best to give you the same wait staff.

Do we need to go see someone about this as soon as we get on the ship or just wait until the first night at dinner? We are set for the same time each night so I'm curious to see how this will work out.

Thanks

Do we need to go see someone about this as soon as we get on the ship or just wait until the first night at dinner? We are set for the same time each night so I'm curious to see how this will work out.

Thanks

You might want until the end of your dinner the first night to see if you like your wait staff. Then see the MTD host/hostess and request the same wait staff for subsequent nights.