Some Epic Questions

cruise1804

Hello,

We have only sailed on RC ships previous to our up coming cruise on the Epic in October. Ive looked on NCL's website regarding complimentary dining and cant find anything like the Park Cafe offered on Royal? Is there anywhere on the Epic (without going to the buffet) you can get say a coffee/tea and a piece of cake?

Thank you for any replies

In the atrium coffee bar you can purchase branded coffee- it's nicer coffee than the free stuff in the buffet- and they also have a selection of free cakes. I haven't sailed RCI but I understand the Park Cafe is a lot bigger than the atrium coffee bar and has more food selection, but that's the closest comparison I can think of. The only downside is the atrium is used for entertainment all day and it's very hard to find a seat in there on a sea day.

You could also go to O'Sheehans, which is less of a cafe and more of a pub/sports bar but you can order free desserts in there such as pound cake and brownies. I imagine you also have to pay for the coffee in there as again it will be the branded stuff. Easier to get a seat though than the atrium.

Thank you for the reply. Yes I normally get a Starbucks coffee (that I pay for!) and have a piece of cake (or two!!) on RC. Ill try O'Sheehans....my husband will probably prefer that as he can get a pint whilst I have my coffee!!! ;p

You can always get your cake from the atrium bar and carry it up to o'sheehans... nobody will care! When I was on the Epic it was Lavazza coffee in the atrium bar, although the Escape has Starbucks now so maybe the Epic has changed too.

Well, that is majorly depressing. I love Lavazza and shutter to think it's being replaced with Starbucks. *Sigh*

Although I like Starbucks, I agree that Lavazza coffee is nicer- don't despair, maybe the Epic has/will keep Lavazza! I just know from TheDougOut's recent review that the Escape has Starbucks now instead. I'm happy as long as it's not Costa to be honest- or 'dirty dishwater coffee' as I call it :P