Question about Cheers, adults 21 and over in different rooms and switching onboard

My husband and I and 3 girls are cruising Fantasy in October. We have 2 rooms next to each other. I want to buy Cheers for my husband only. On the booking, I put him and myself in separate rooms so that I will be able to just buy it for him. My question is, when I get on the ship, can I go to guest services and switch myself to his room? Or will they then make me buy Cheers also? I am just wondering if this is a good work around and if anyone has done this successfully?

My husband and I and 3 girls are cruising Fantasy in October. We have 2 rooms next to each other. I want to buy Cheers for my husband only. On the booking, I put him and myself in separate rooms so that I will be able to just buy it for him. My question is, when I get on the ship, can I go to guest services and switch myself to his room? Or will they then make me buy Cheers also? I am just wondering if this is a good work around and if anyone has done this successfully?

Yes, perfectly fine. Carnival doesn't care where people sleep.

We did this last cruise. Booked my son and me in one room and we both got Cheers. We went to guest services and requested extra keys for both rooms. The only inconvenience was that I had to carry two keys. One for getting drinks and one for getting into my room. Not a big deal and it was nice to be able to get into both rooms if i needed to get something.

Make sure you are getting extra keys and not officially switching rooms.

We just sailed on the Pride and I was booked in a room with my son and my wife with out daughter. We had the balcony opened and I just went in through the kids room to ours because I didn't think of getting extra keys. I had the Cheers and my wife did not. Our kids are 12 and 16 so we had to book rooms that way.

We just sailed on the Pride and I was booked in a room with my son and my wife with out daughter. We had the balcony opened and I just went in through the kids room to ours because I didn't think of getting extra keys. I had the Cheers and my wife did not. Our kids are 12 and 16 so we had to book rooms that way.

Do we have to book with an adult in each room? Ours are 17 & 14. I read on Carnivals website at that age they could be in a room next to you on their own.

Make sure you are getting extra keys and not officially switching rooms.

That's what I wanted to know...what would happen if I officially switched rooms after I was on-board? Would that affect the pre-purchased cheers plan making me buy it too? Or would they not know since I would have pre-paid before the cruise while we were still in different rooms?

I know about asking for the extra keys but that thought it would be more convenient not to have to carry around 2 cards.

That's what I wanted to know...what would happen if I officially switched rooms after I was on-board? Would that affect the pre-purchased cheers plan making me buy it too? Or would they not know since I would have pre-paid before the cruise while we were still in different rooms?

I know about asking for the extra keys but that thought it would be more convenient not to have to carry around 2 cards.

Not from experience, mind you, but as I understand it, they could require you to purchase Cheers if you officially move into a room where the other adult has the package.

Do we have to book with an adult in each room? Ours are 17 & 14. I read on Carnivals website at that age they could be in a room next to you on their own.

No, you do not have to book an adult into each room as long as their room is within the specified proximity to yours (I believe that it is 3 doors at that age).