Shore Excursion Info for European Cruise?

iujen94

I'm brand new to Celebrity and brand new to European cruising, so this could well be my ignorance, but I was looking at the Celebrity website trying to find some information on excursions and pricing for a Italy/Greece cruise my sister and I are planning to take next June. When I try to search for excursions in Europe, only 20 choices come up, and most have nothing to do with the stops on my itinerary. I also tried searching by my ship and sail date, and then I only got 4 or so excursions, all in Rome (our debarkation point). Am I missing something obvious here?

Once you are booked, you go on your cruise planner on the Celebrity site, and all the ones available for your sailing are listed there by the day with the prices. And you book them from that site. As far as before people are booked, I don't imagine they have much info available....

Another option is to call X and have them send a pdf file for your itinerary. I had to do that to browse the excursions for our next cruise.

There are some wonderful tour companies in Europe. With some research on trip advisor and here on your roll call, you can learn a ton about your choices for private company tours.

Too, look for info on the Europe ports of call board.

Have you joined your Roll Call?

European excursions are truly enhanced by small group tours instigated by your fellow Roll Call members. Many of the preferred tour operators are found on your European Ports of Call forum and are probably reflected in the tours arranged by your fellow sailors.

Make the most of your cruise and enjoy every minute.

As the others have mentioned, I, too, find that you typically get so much more out of a semi private group tour. I am about to go on my 2nd Mediterannean cruise, and we've done private/semi private adventures in almost every port. I did one ship's one in Malta (and wished I had looked otherwise - it was ok, but just too many people and not personalized at all). This time, I am taking the ship's tour from Livorno to Cinque Terre in Italy because it is a long day and can be tricky getting it all done and back in time on your own. I don't want to risk it. I did Venice, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Katakolon(olympia), Corfu, Malta and Rome last time if you want any info on those ports.

I second the motion that you join your roll call and join small group tours in the ports where you want a tour guide to accompany you. We did just that on our Italy & Greece cruise on Reflection last September. We enjoyed small group tours in a number of ports - Naples (Sorrento, Amalfi Coast and Pompeii with Mondo Guide Shared Tours for Rick Steves), Athens (PK Travel), and Santorini (private tour arranged by another roll call member). The tour costs were quite reasonable and we enjoyed the company of other roll call members.