Booking while onboard

rabbit72

Yes, the deal used to be better with Future Cruise Certificates....put $100 deposit on your next cruise and receive $100 OBC. And even after that, when the amount of the OBC given was based on the length of the cruise you booked...$100 for 7-day cruises, $50 for shorter and $200 for longer.

But we always book Early Saver anyway, so it's not a big deal to us to be "locked in" or risk forfeiting a fee for changing or cancelling. And in my opinion, $50 in my pocket is still worth more than $0 in my pocket. So, we will continue to book while onboard, or within 2 weeks.

Yes, the deal used to be better with Future Cruise Certificates....put $100 deposit on your next cruise and receive $100 OBC. And even after that, when the amount of the OBC given was based on the length of the cruise you booked...$100 for 7-day cruises, $50 for shorter and $200 for longer.

But we always book Early Saver anyway, so it's not a big deal to us to be "locked in" or risk forfeiting a fee for changing or cancelling. And in my opinion, $50 in my pocket is still worth more than $0 in my pocket. So, we will continue to book while onboard, or within 2 weeks.

I hear you but what they are doing is pushing people into ES which comes with restrictions that can hurt.

I hear you but what they are doing is pushing people into ES which comes with restrictions that can hurt.

Yes' date=' there are restrictions with ES, but everyone always forgets about the 'perks'......which are price drops til right before sail away. And that $50 penalty w/ES can be offset with hundreds and hundreds of $$$ in savings....i.e, price reductions AFTER final payment which you don't get with any other fare.[/color']

Yes, there are restrictions with ES, but everyone always forgets about the 'perks'......which are price drops til right before sail away. And that $50 penalty w/ES can be offset with hundreds and hundreds of $$$ in savings....i.e, price reductions AFTER final payment which you don't get with any other fare.

We normally book ES, but I would always book past guest on board and then pick a cruise I wanted later and switch it to ES for that cruise. I don't want to spend my vacation planning the next one.

Yes, there are restrictions with ES, but everyone always forgets about the 'perks'......which are price drops til right before sail away. And that $50 penalty w/ES can be offset with hundreds and hundreds of $$$ in savings....i.e, price reductions AFTER final payment which you don't get with any other fare.

A couple years ago, absolutely. Now days? Not so much. They have redone their pricing structure to where the best deals are no longer last minute. Do they still happen with ES? Sure, but not nearly as much as before. They got smart and took away the huge price drops after final payment and that's why all the specials are tied to it. So not only do they know that the big price drops aren't going to happen for the most part, but they also take in a boat ton of money just in cancellation/change fees. It's a win win for Carnival.

We have the cruise picked out which we would be going on so I just thought why not book while on board if there was any benefit.my PVP still gets the credit for the sale so we'll see.

Thank you everybody for your responses!!