HELP! Splash Academy can a 13 year old stay w/ sibling? or not checkout of teen club?

az-cruiser

I need to know if any has ever been allowed to keep siblings together, one is 12 and one just turned 13, and she is NOT ready for the teen club. What are my chances of them letting the 13 year old stay with her sister? she is the size of a 6 year old, if anyone saw her walking the ship alone, they would think she was lost, and i'm sure they would never believe her when she told them how old she is! There is no way that she is ready to roam the ship unsupervised, which if she is in the teen club, they can come and go as they want.

Is there a way to let the teen club know that she is not allowed to leave? I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Edited by az-cruiser

I need to know if any has ever been allowed to keep siblings together, one is 12 and one just turned 13, and she is NOT ready for the teen club. What are my chances of them letting the 13 year old stay with her sister? There is no way that she is ready to roam the ship unsupervised, which if she is in the teen club, they can come and go as they want.

Is there a way to let the teen club know that she is not allowed to leave? I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

NCL is very strict about the age groupings. They are what they are, with no exceptions.

It will be YOUR responsibility to set the ground rules for your teen. Tell her where to meet you if she leaves the teen club.

Hopefully she'll make friends and want to stay with them.

Inquire during the "open house" period on the first day. There have been anecdotes where older children were allowed to step down one level, especially if they are not emotionally or developmentally able to be with their peers. They are pretty strict about younger children joining older ones, though.

My kids were all in the teen club at 12

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Sorry, just looked and now they specify 13, too bad, that was good for us as three twins were 12, had a 13 and 15 as well, so they were all together in there both of the last 2 cruises we went on.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Inquire during the "open house" period on the first day. There have been anecdotes where older children were allowed to step down one level, especially if they are not emotionally or developmentally able to be with their peers. They are pretty strict about younger children joining older ones, though.

Thats good to know, she is super tiny and about the size of a 6 year old, so i'm really hoping they will work with us.

Dd16 used to be super small (she's now a giant at 5'2 and 105 pounds, had a huge growth spurt, it's been a decade since her weight was on the charts, usually 3rd % for height), but she still did age appropriate activities. Is there a developmental delay? If so, they might let her in the younger group.

The teen club is more of a meeting place, kids just come and go.