Cancer Sticks - Well, sort of...

Cruise Monkey

[quote name='BlueHerons']Not at all! Miami, Tampa, and Key West having thriving Cuban neighborhoods and so many of the Cuban nationalists living in South Florida cannot wait to return. We aren't encouraged to forget about Cuba and her customs but urged to monetarily boycott.[/quote]

I know that Cuban culture is preserved here in the States...Sorry, that wasn't what I was referring to...I meant more the land mass than the culture. Didn't mean to sound insensitive! :o I'm still focused on tourism...

[quote name='cheshyrkat']I know that Cuban culture is preserved here in the States...Sorry, that wasn't what I was referring to...I meant more the land mass than the culture. Didn't mean to sound insensitive! :o I'm still focused on tourism...[/QUOTE]

Cat's probably looking for something like this:

[IMG]http://www.packtours.com.br/1inter/cuba/varadero/1.jpg[/IMG]

I really should stop. I'm such a stinker. :D

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I know its off topic and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I don't understand, why we can grant China, one of the most brutal dictatorships, [B]most favored nation status, [/B]and continue to boycott Cuba? :confused: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]The most effective way to fight Communism is by giving them daily doses of the [B]results of Capitalism[/B] (well-dressed, well-fed, healthy, happy, tourists with the [B]freedom to go anywhere in the World[/B]). :) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Waiting for Castro to die is pointless. He has a younger brother and a long line of Commy Generals and Hacks more than willing to step up the moment Cuba is without Fidel.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Information (satellite television and the internet) killed the politics of the former USSR.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]As far as Cuban cigars; I would venture a [U]very small part[/U] of the cigar-smoking culture would be able to discern the difference between a Cuban cigar and an excellent one grown in many other parts of the Caribbean. :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[quote name='glrounds'][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Waiting for Castro to die is pointless. He has a younger brother and a long line of Commy Generals and Hacks more than willing to step up the moment Cuba is without Fidel.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080] . :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[/quote]

While that is true, Cuba doesn't have the infrastructure to carry on as a communist country without Castro. The American Dollar is already the preferred currency of the country. Unless Castro starts delegating power to his preferred successor, which his ego will not allow him to do, no other person will be able to preserve Cuba as a communist dictatorship.

One last thing, Cuban nationalists are already seeing capitolism first hand through the throngs of wealthy visitors from countries all over the nation.

Cuba is a very popular island destination for Canadians and Europeans. Many chain hotels associated with the United States have hotels in Cuba.

[quote name='big_duck']Cat's probably looking for something like this:

[IMG]http://www.packtours.com.br/1inter/cuba/varadero/1.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

That's IT!! You read my mind. LOL I don't care for cigars, but I'd like the chance to see the pretty stuff.

[quote name='cheshyrkat']Here's that thread on Cubans that I had read a while back...It popped up coincidentally!

[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=230118"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=230118[/URL][/quote]

I just saw it 4 threads above this one - what are the odds. Thanks for the link though :)

Actually, this thread got me thinking of an old episode of I LOVE LUCY, where they had a flashback of Lucy meeting Ricky on a cruise to Havana.

All the descriptions discussed of the nightlife, the nightclubs, and Cuba in general made me salivate, hoping one day to sail into this once beautiful country returned to all its glory. I hope it happens in my lifetime, as I'm a little younger than Fidel.

And, no thank you, I no longer smoke.

Archived