photo CD before? worth saving the $$ doing now or waiting?

I saw the photo CD of all your pictures is on sale before you board. Anyone do it? are there photographers everywhere and do they include the character pictures on board and on the island (Haiti)? Thanks guys!

Do you mean the photo USB drive? I saw that pop up in my cruise planner as well. Kind of curious if other people have tried it.

While there is no rhyme or reason to the way Royal prices out options on different ships, here was our experience with pictures.

We were on the Liberty this past June. There was a photo special onboard, that for 200 dollars you would get every picture on a flash drive as well as 5 8x10 photos. We had two cabins, one for the kids, and linked them together. Almost every time we walked by someone with a camera, we had our picture taken. Even when the kids were out by the pool, they just gave their room number and the photos showed up. My wife, who is the picture person of the family, thought it was a great deal. We ended up with some amazing vacation photos.

We got it last time on Oasis and we ordered it for Liberty next week. It was fun! All the photos on board all the photos of getting off the ship at different ports ( where the photogaphers set up ). At night we would walk around and have photos taken everywhere there were photographers set up. We did have to purchase 2 packages this time because our dd's are both in their 20's and in a seperate cabin. But I'll purchase the 2nd package on board for 1/2 price .

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

We got it last time on Oasis and we ordered it for Liberty next week. It was fun! All the photos on board all the photos of getting off the ship at different ports ( where the photogaphers set up ). At night we would walk around and have photos taken everywhere there were photographers set up. We did have to purchase 2 packages this time because our dd's are both in their 20's and in a seperate cabin. But I'll purchase the 2nd package on board for 1/2 price .

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Is it half price on the ship or because you bought one already

I've purchased the Photo CD package 3 different times now and LOVE it.

Five years ago we tried this for the first time. We looked for every photo opportunity to take full advantage of the package. At that time, it was more about giving us a chance for a 'good' family photo. We typically take the worst photos when we pose. They look awful. So, we decided to have fun and be a little silly. Ha - the photographers weren't too sure about us at first, but worked with us and now we have the BEST family photos. Not just the fun ones, but they would keep snapping after our 'pose' and caught us with real smiles / laughs. It turns out that this was the last time our family managed to travel together. The kids are busy with college and work, and hard to find time to travel together.

Three years ago, I bought the package on my first Mediterranean cruise. Again, we had fun with the photographers. And it didn't take long before they got used to us, and looked forward to finding us as the ship unloaded at each port for photos. We took advantage of every photo op at port. Port photos also usually have something labeled with the name of the port. That along with the many opportunities each night onboard ship, gave us lots of amazing photos.

And finally, I just returned from an amazing b2b sailing on the Rhapsody in the Mediterranean. Again, I got the package beforehand for the first cruise. Then, during that first cruise, I was able to purchase a 1/2 price (of the regular price) package for the 2nd cruise. We now have fabulous memories of each port visited, along with several photos each night with different back drops. As already mentioned, the photographers are out every night with anywhere from 3 to 5 photo opportunities with various backdrops. More on formal nights. On our sailing, they also took photos with the Captain one night and had several nights with amazing sunsets, so photos were taken out on deck during that time.

Most ships now have kiosks where you check for your photos. Some still print the photos for you to view in their gallery. Use the kiosk to make sure all your photos are on there. I mention this because on this last sailing, they still printed the photos so I only looked for them there and didn't check the kiosk. When I got home - yup - some photos were missing on the CD. Now here is where I felt that the after cruise service was top notch. I contacted the company that handles the photo program, and within days, they emailed me the missing photos. (For photos on board they usually ask for your Seapass card. For photos taken off the ship at port, they don't ask for your cards, so you'd need to ensure that they are showing up by checking the kiosk.) Lesson learned. :D I ended up with about 300 photos of both cruises. A great deal when you consider each photo is $19.95.

Bonus: we got to know the photographers with all the fun we had, and know they had fun along with us. They are a wonderful group of photographers from all around the world. And now we have a great bunch of photos with lots of memories.