Oceanview Balcony v Boardboard View on Symphony question

Peggy13

Thinking of booking the Symphony out of either Rome or Barcelona for next year. Trying to decide on type of cabin - oceanview balcony or boardwalk view. We've always had an oceanview; never been on this class of ship before, but thinking since its so port intensive - might try a boardwalk view cabin towards the aft (instead of balcony). Any thoughts? Thanks.

We will be experiencing our first boardwalk balcony stateroom in October on Oasis. After having read multiple threads on CC regarding this topic, the overwhelming recommendation was to book as far aft as possible in order to get at least a partial ocean view. We were able to snag one nearly all the way aft (only one further aft of our's). We are excited to try something new, and the cost savings vs. a standard ocean view balcony were significant.

Thinking of booking the Symphony out of either Rome or Barcelona for next year. Trying to decide on type of cabin - oceanview balcony or boardwalk view. We've always had an oceanview; never been on this class of ship before, but thinking since its so port intensive - might try a boardwalk view cabin towards the aft (instead of balcony). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi Peggy.... do you have the means to take two cruises? In my most humble and sincere opinion, being your first time Oasis Class on a Med port intensive cruise, I feel that you should choose a different class of ship in order to enjoy the number one goal, which is the itinerary,..unless you're planning to miss ports and stay on board (such a huge waste in the Med in my humble opinion) I see you're from Jersey, so I feel that you should consider booking Symphony when she gets to the Caribbean where the ship is the #1 destination and you can enjoy so much more time on board with sea days, etc. Most CC'ers agree 7 days on Oasis is barely enough to see everything, let alone when you're in Livorno and Rome from 7am-7pm.