Getaway Entertainment

Giorgi-one

Damn, chill out dude. He wasn't being snarky and made a comment that I'm sure many other posters including myself thought about. It's a discussion forum and he asked a simple question.

Sorry but that is something that just really gets my blood boiling. People do that on these boards all the time. They disagree with what you say so they tell you to go on another cruise line. Same as telling you that if you don't like what I said get off these boards, which I am not saying, unless of course you are telling me to try another cruise line.

Seems like you are conveniently leaving out a lot of the entertainment events. Not sure why you don't think the comedy shows don't count as entertainment. How about Howl at the Moon? Cirque? Wine Lovers Musical? Duo in the atrium? :confused:

Celebrity and RCL have great FREE Cirque shows in the main theater. I have no desire to pay $35 for a meal which is not as good as what I can get in the dining room at no charge. Same goes for Wine musical since I have Beverage Package. Every cruise has Comedy shows which are usually later at night AFTER THE MAIN SHOW. Please understand that I am not worried about spending an extra $100 for entertainment after I spend $10,000 on a cruise. I just refuse to pay for something which should be free. Since I do have the Beverage Package, I will just have more time to take advantage of that toasting NCL for not having more entertainment options!:evilsmile::ship:

Celebrity and RCL have great FREE Cirque shows in the main theater. I have no desire to pay $35 for a meal which is not as good as what I can get in the dining room at no charge. Same goes for Wine musical since I have Beverage Package. Every cruise has Comedy shows which are usually later at night AFTER THE MAIN SHOW. Please understand that I am not worried about spending an extra $100 for entertainment after I spend $10,000 on a cruise. I just refuse to pay for something which should be free. Since I do have the Beverage Package, I will just have more time to take advantage of that toasting NCL for not having more entertainment options!:evilsmile::ship:

Just to let you know Wine Lovers the Musical is a lunchtime show - not something X offer. Its a unique fun experience and not just a drinking session.

Celebrity have their way to sting you too you know. Apart from the initial outlay,(which will be far higher than NCL) I remember that on our Alaska cruise (port intensive) there was NO FREE place to have a serviced lunch - The buffet is the ONLY daily free lunch option on Celebrity. The Bistro lunch was $10 pp and same menu every day. NCL offer so much more choice - including a Main Dining Room lunch every day including port days. Then there is O'Sheehans (24 hours) and if you want to up pay there are Lobster Rolls in Ocean Blue for a small charge.

Deal or no Deal - numerous live bands, activities and concerts throughout the ship-

Our only problem we found was not being able to do it all - so much to do, and even with 16 nights - never enough time :o

Then there is the Waterfront - the slides, the ropes courses - Margaritaville - H20 - and the SPA thermal suites on Getaway are stunning ...

Sounds to me like you have to get your head into NCL mode and out of X mode ..

Two different products - Look to enjoy what NCL DOES have to offer instead of what you are missing from X. It might surprise you.

Bon Voyage!

• 2 weeks later...
We usually sail Celebrity and they have a GREAT show every night on a 3000 passenger ship. RCL has a show almost every night on a 6000 passenger ship!

Yes, RCL does have a show almost every night on their Mega ships. However, those shows need to be booked ahead of time to guarantee that you get a seat, as their theaters are smaller, and can not hole all the people on baord. No complaints about that from my end. Booking shows ahead of time is part of the fun of planning a cruise for me.

Really, I didn't know that. Thanks so much SNARKY!

I have been on 34 cruises so I don't need you to tell me what to do. Not that you deserve any explanation, but I want to try a Breakaway class ship and this ship seemed good for my daughters four children. I would have preferred RCL Harmony of the Seas but price was not competitive. I'm not disappointed, just discerning, and I always point out what I consider deficiencies which need to be corrected.

Harmony of the Seas is a mega ship. You will need to pre-book all of the entertainment on that ship. You will also need to pre-book dining options. No different then NCI.

Harmony of the Seas is a mega ship. You will need to pre-book all of the entertainment on that ship. You will also need to pre-book dining options. No different then NCI.

Agreed. We are sailing on the Anthem of the Seas and have booked our shows and dinners every night. No different than NCL. Maybe more restrictive because they play games with their dining package and booking onboard.