And another one bites the dust!!

martystretch

Got a call from the HoJo's cancelling my groups reservations. Repairs became too expensive, property being sold, will be demolished and a time share erected in its stead. Connected with the Days Inn I-95/Broward Blvd. for $99. This for 1-20-2006. Anyone have any info on this place? Last write up on Travel Advisor was back in April--very negative to say the least!! Wonder if they've cleaned up their act? Trents--anyone?:confused: :confused:

HoJo Fort Lauderdale Beach was a nasty dump and on it's way out before Wilma, she just finished it off.

Oh trust me, you do NOT want to stay at that DI at I-95 & Broward... VERY nasty, scary looking dump in a VERY VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD!!! IMO you'd be putting your life at risk by getting out of your car in that parking lot from the characters I've seen hanging out there, and I'm not joking! That one doesn't come up on here much, but it's definitely one of those you should avoid at all cost!!! :eek:

If you want a budget hotel try Extended Stay America, they have rooms on that date at a very good rate considering the short notice... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

AmeriSuites and Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" both show sold out then. I think Extended Stay America is going to be your best/cheapest bet for a decent and SAFE place. It's a very nice budget hotel in a great location just outside the entrance to the port and less than 10 minutes from the airport.

I think your only other option for something cheaper would be Priceline, but considering how many places are already sold out that weekend I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

Wow!! I knew you had to be serious when I saw the 'horror' smilie face; you so seldom use them. Thanks, got in at the ESA, trying like crazy to contact my group to get there too. They have a few for my night. If you ever see a Shmooz Cruiser cap, introduce yourself and say howdy!! Many thanks. Marty:D

Our group in Sept stayed at Comfort Inn on Stirling Road in FLL.. it was fine for one night.. next door is a Hampton Inn.. Comfort Inn has complimentary airport and cruise shuttle and folks driving can leave cars for I think $6 a day if they stay there one night precruise..

You'll like Extended Stay America Marty, it's a very nice, very clean hotel that's not very old. The area it's in is the best area for cruisers to stay, and is quite safe. There are dozens of restaurants of all types around it as well as grocery, drug & liquor stores, plus easy access to the Water Taxi.

I'd be very leery of that Comfort Inn. It used to be a decent place, but it's really gone down hill lately and seems to have a lot of "issues". The reviews are consistently bad too... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d84582-Reviews-Comfort_Inn_Airport_Cruise_Port_South-Hollywood_Florida.html

Our group in Sept stayed at Comfort Inn on Stirling Road in FLL.. it was fine for one night.. next door is a Hampton Inn.. Comfort Inn has complimentary airport and cruise shuttle and folks driving can leave cars for I think $6 a day if they stay there one night precruise..

We stayed at this comfort in Oct and it was the most dirty place I have been at. Food wasnt so great also. I wont stay here again, guess you got one of the clean rooms they had. They wouldnt move us and it smelled of mold and smoke in our room. The Hampton looked much nicer.:eek:

Thanks! TrentS, Prairie and Host C., appreciate the input. Just an observation to 'whom it may concern'. Anyone going to FLL in the next month or so just be aware you may want to call your intended hotel destination to check and see if they're doing repairs and will they guarantee your room in regards you NOT get one they just finished drywalling, just finished painting, etc. Nothing like breathing paint fumes all night.:eek: A call now could help ease a lot of anxiety and aggravation later.:D

Hey Marty,

If our Amerisuites doesn't pan out (and it looks like it is booked - through amerisuites website no availalbity, but tried with valuetrips.com) - anyway, if it doesn't pan out, we would very much like to join your group post cruise. We would stay two nights if you head to ExtendedStayAmerica as a group. We would need two rooms.

Melissa & Chris

:( Sorry Melissa, no group deal on this guys. A few of my group is staying over the Sunday we return to port but wouldn't matter 'how many' we'd have--there simply are no group considerations right now. Maybe in out laying areas way between major city areas but 'in' Miami, FLL and even near city areas like Hollywood and others, the demand is too strong to necessitate hotels doing any discounting. So you either pay a bit more to be near the ports or you pay for transportation to and from an outer location. Rough choice!!:rolleyes:

Archived