Is the Freedom really too crowded?

SkidRow

Well I have alot of people say that the Freedom will be way too crowded and holds way to many people for its size, but does it?

Well I was looking at the stats and the Enchantment of the Seas is roughly half the size of Freedom at 80,000 tons. And it can take a maximum (with evrey bed filled) of 2300 people. So with Freedom double its size it actually has nearly double the people (4600 with evreybed filled). Is the Enchanment that crowded? I have never been on it but I have never heard any complaints.

This kind of eased my fears a bit.

I still have to admit though, deboarding and embarkation will probally be a pain but hey its only a small part of the cruise.

I could be wrong and it ends up being we all end up like sardenes on the ship. :)

From everything I've heard, the actual passenger/space ratios will be higher on Freedom than the Voyager ships. Meaning there will be more space per passenger. I doubt that the Freedom class ships will seem any more crowded than any other ships out there!

I don't know that the ship will be too crowded but many of the venues may be difficult to use. Freedom will have appoximately 1000 more passensers than a Voyager class ship. That is 1000 more people possibly competing for rock wall time, pool time, deck chairs, ice rink tickets, space to watch the parades on the Royal Promenade, mini golf space, buffet space, the infamous Johnny Rocket's, etc.

Only time will tell if Freddom works out as well as the Voyagers. One thing is for sure. Pleanty of us will be watching for the reviews to start retuning.

The rock wall and ice rink will be bigger than on the other Voyager class ships, the pool area will be the largest at sea with 3 areas, the main pool area with two large pools, a splash deck with water fountains and the solarium with a large pool and the cantilevered hot tubs. The promenade is also longer than the one on the Voyager class ships,with new areas such as the book nook and sorrentos.

From all these additional and expanded areas I do not expect that the ship will feel crowded. The only feature I can see that will be very popular is the flowrider, I am interested to see how they will allocate time to surf for everyone who will want to try it.

Well I have alot of people say that the Freedom will be way too crowded and holds way to many people for its size, but does it?

Since the Freedom has yet to sail and none of these people have actually been on board I would not put a lot of stock in what they say. There are a lot of people on this board that prefer a smaller ship and that's fine, to each his own. However, everyone is just guessing at this point as to what it will be like on the Freedom.

Archived