Best Beach Southern Itineray

gskline

I'm currently researching Barbados beaches for my upcoming cruise. The Boatyard is $20 for a chair, umbrella, one drink, turtle tour and a free cab ride back to the pier (this is worth $5/person).

We've decided to go to the Boatyard in Barbados because their menu looks best for my husband who has some dietary restrictions.

Enjoy your cruise!

You must pay extra for the turtle tour which is with an independent person not thru the Boatyard. 20 bucks gets you a chair, umbrella, free drink and cab ride back to the port area.

We found a nice option in Barbados - our Cab Driver set us up at the Coconut Court Resort. It is down the road from the Boatyard, very private, with nice chairs and shade trees. They had a great happy hour deal on beer.

We really enjoyed walking the beach in that area.

We also walked to the Boatyard on our Last trip and enjoyed it as well, but that trip might be too hot for some cruisers.

Brandon's Beach in Barbados gets my vote. It's within walking distance of the ship, free entry to the beach, snack shop on location and best of all, it's right across the street from the Mt. Gay Rum Factory! Cheers!

We'll be on the Jewel of The Seas the week of January 21st, and would like to spend a day at the beach. Which Island and what beach????

St Croix

St Martin

Dominica

Barbados

Grenada

Barbados -Accra Beach, every body goes to the boat yard, its more expensive and more crowded. Accra beach is a $5 further cab ride and is beautiful. There are several beach bars to choose from. The beach has a long gradual slope into the ocean.

Edited by LeesSummitCruiser1
wrong name of beach

the ad says turtle tours available. I have been there four times now. Turtle tours cost extra

The ad reads..."turtle and shipwreck tour" is included in the cruisers package.

I was at the Boatyard August 2016. I did not do the turtle tour but I saw more people doing it than any other previous visit there. Perhaps it is now an added perk included in the entrance fee.

To the original poster, the beach is free but the package offered by the Boatyard is worth the entry fee. It does get crowded. Once got there around noon and no chairs/umbrellas were available. I was not going to pay the entry fee w/o those amenities. I was walking towards another beach club and stumbled upon the public entrance to the beach used by Boatyard. It is immediately past their property, near where taxi drivers wait, walking away(not towards) the cruise pier.

The ad reads..."turtle and shipwreck tour" is included in the cruisers package.

I was at the Boatyard August 2016. I did not do the turtle tour but I saw more people doing it than any other previous visit there. Perhaps it is now an added perk included in the entrance fee.

To the original poster, the beach is free but the package offered by the Boatyard is worth the entry fee. It does get crowded. Once got there around noon and no chairs/umbrellas were available. I was not going to pay the entry fee w/o those amenities. I was walking towards another beach club and stumbled upon the public entrance to the beach used by Boatyard. It is immediately past their property, near where taxi drivers wait, walking away(not towards) the cruise pier.

Thank you apparently I cannot read very well!! I apologize to the poster!! I am very sorry!!

The Boatyard in Barbados definitely gets my vote. Was there last year and it's really close to the ship. There's a bar and the loungers are nicely spaced. The sand is superb and the water, warm and crystal clear. We had lunch and drinks there as well and it was very nice

I'd go back at the drop of a hat as it compares favourably with Grand Cayman

Was it crowded? (On my cell, sorry if this is a repeat)

Edited by gskline
Repeat

We'll be on the Jewel of The Seas the week of January 21st, and would like to spend a day at the beach. Which Island and what beach????

St Croix

St Martin

Dominica

Barbados

Grenada

We're on this cruise with ya! Here is what were are doing:

St. Croix - Rhythms @ Rainbow Beach

St. Maarten - Pinel Island

Dominica - not sure yet (looking for a good beach!)

Barbados - Boatyard

Grenada - Grand Anse

We've been to all of these and LOVE them! See ya on board!

We're on this cruise with ya! Here is what were are doing:

St. Croix - Rhythms @ Rainbow Beach

St. Maarten - Pinel Island

Dominica - not sure yet (looking for a good beach!)

Barbados - Boatyard

Grenada - Grand Anse

We've been to all of these and LOVE them! See ya on board!

Hey Laura,

Nice to hear from you! My wife & I are really excited about this Cruise because of the different itinerary. We've been on a number of other Cruises, but never to these Islands🌴. It would be nice if we do meet up on this Cruise.

Greg

St Maarten you have to check out Mullet Bay if you like quiet. It's not commercialized. You have to check out the ribs from Rosie's while there. A beer only cost $3 vice $5 or $6 at Orient beach. Orient is good for people watching but you will get seaweed on the beach.

St Maarten you have to check out Mullet Bay if you like quiet. It's not commercialized. You have to check out the ribs from Rosie's while there. A beer only cost $3 vice $5 or $6 at Orient beach. Orient is good for people watching but you will get seaweed on the beach.

Thank you both. How far away is Mullet Bay from the pier?