Ultimate dining plan Ovation of the seas

I am doing a 12 day cruise on this ship in December can anyone tell me when booking for the ultimate dining plan will be available?

There is no set time for the various pre-cruise options to become available. Check the Cruise Planner periodically.

I am doing a 12 day cruise on this ship in December can anyone tell me when booking for the ultimate dining plan will be available?

I am cruising on January 2018 and it is already available on Cruise Planner. To my understanding all packages aren't sold on all cruises. My cruise for example doesn't have Specialty Dining Package available (at least not yet).

We're sailing the Ovation on 27 January 2018 and the Ultimate Dining package became available last week. Could it be that your sailing is considered a Holiday Sailing, being in December? I believe that on (some? all?) Holiday Sailings, specialty dining packages are not offered.

• 1 month later...
Yes it’s not available in December, which makes the multiple emails offering it at 60% off really irritating

If it helps ease your pain not being able to get the Ultimate Dining package on your cruise, rest assured that you're not really missing out on a 60% savings on the package.

Those promotional mails are quite misleading (shocking, isn't it :-) in that the package itself is not discounted by 60% but that according to Royal Caribbean getting the package could get you a theoretical saving of 60% over paying full price for all your specialty restaurant visits.

Even that 60% contains some advanced math, you probably would have to visit the most expensive restaurant each available lunch and dinner on your cruise to get to that number.

I just called for my December cruise and was told that it would be available soon and to check back next week. This is on the Navigator Christmas week. Of course their agents seem to be the last to know on everything. So I am not getting my hopes up.

Riddle me this though..... Several months ago it was available for my sailing. We are cruising with a group so I didn't book it then thinking we should discuss it as a group first. If I had booked it when it was available would Royal have honored it for those who snagged it up early... or would they have canceled it once they chose not to have it on my sailing?