My Venice precruise plan went rogue

stickyshocker

I've been tryin to contact

Locanda Ca'Le Vele(booked direct)for nearly a week thru emails and calls at their local time with no luck. I am in no rush, but i got other hotels that are tied with me that i need to release before a certain cut off date. To add insult, i also booked a water taxi that will take me straight to this B&B even if i cant reach them to reconfirm. One week prior, i also released another hotel that i got for cheap but is more than double the price now. Has anyone here stayed at this b&b before? Are there any locals who can confirm if this place is still operational, under reno, change of owners etc etc?.. I wanted to keep my reservation here, but i don't wanna fly into Venice and get a rude awakening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been tryin to contact

Locanda Ca'Le Vele(booked direct)for nearly a week thru emails and calls at their local time with no luck. I am in no rush, but i got other hotels that are tied with me that i need to release before a certain cut off date. To add insult, i also booked a water taxi that will take me straight to this B&B even if i cant reach them to reconfirm. One week prior, i also released another hotel that i got for cheap but is more than double the price now. Has anyone here stayed at this b&b before? Are there any locals who can confirm if this place is still operational, under reno, change of owners etc etc?.. I wanted to keep my reservation here, but i don't wanna fly into Venice and get a rude awakening.

It August and most Italian businesses closed in July-august. We staid in other B&B in May ans she told us she closed this months. when is your trip ? do you have conformation of your booking? yo uwater taxi will take you any place no need to pre book it.

It August and most Italian businesses closed in July-august. We staid in other B&B in May ans she told us she closed this months. when is your trip ? do you have conformation of your booking? yo uwater taxi will take you any place no need to pre book it.

Isn't July-August the peak season for tourism? I still got a couple weeks left, but some hotels that i booked as a back up need to be cancelled in two weeks, and also my flight were changed so i need to notify my B&B of my arrival time, hence i called.

My water taxi is already booked, if it comes down to the wire i will reroute it to the back up hotel i have in P. Roma, i know but i have no other choice.

Isn't July-August the peak season for tourism? I still got a couple weeks left, but some hotels that i booked as a back up need to be cancelled in two weeks, and also my flight were changed so i need to notify my B&B of my arrival time, hence i called.

My water taxi is already booked, if it comes down to the wire i will reroute it to the back up hotel i have in P. Roma, i know but i have no other choice.

For tourism maybe but not for Italians, they have life ,not like us here in north america. :rolleyes: most of really Italian businesses up north closed and people moved south for beach and mountains . In opposite in south many businesses open only for June-September .