Epic Livorno Question

cruise1804

Hi,

We will be docking at the above on our Epic cruise in October. Can anyone confirm if the ship offers a shuttle to Livorno train station or is it just to the town?

If there is a shuttle to the station could anyone be kind enough to tell me what time they start to leave the ship? And roughly what NCL charge for the shuttle...be it town or station. We are thinking of getting the train to Florence and then stopping on way back at Pisa.

Hope ok to put on here rather then ports of call forum?

Thank you for any replies.

Yes, they do offer a shuttle to the station (or at least they have in the past).

From memory, the costs are €5 for the town centre shuttle and $15 to the station.

The reason that one is in Euros and the other in dollars is that the town shuttle is operated by the port and you pay them direct, whereas the station one is charged by NCL to your room.

I'm not sure when they start running them.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me...wow $15 that seems quite a lot? There are 6 in my family so that seems quite expensive? I take it that's a return price?

I would say I'd rather get a taxi but keep reading on port forums it's very difficult to get a taxi to the station? Also don't know if taxi would be able to take 6 of us....Again sorry I probably should be posting this on port forum. But any information you or anyone has here would be great.

Thank you

Hayley

Last year I got the shuttle to the train station and yes I think it was $15. It was the return cost. I do remember it being very confusing with masses of people trying to figure out where to get tickets and what queue to be in! I almost gave up and got back on the ship but then again I got off fairly late on a whim to get to Pisa, perhaps if you are quick of the ship it would be better. I also understand you can get the shuttle to town and then a bus to the station...but that just increased the opportunity to get lost ;-)

There were taxi people hanging around also but I think they were more interested in taking people to Pisa or Florence.

A cheaper option is to take the town bus and then catch a public bus to the train station. The cost of the public bus was one Euro when we did it a few years ago.

However, it is a bit of messing around. We did it when we went to Pisa, but I don't think I'd want to rely on that method if I was going out to Florence, as you won't have all that much time to get back.

Yes I've found there's a bus service to Florence/Pisa (tuscanybus) but I've read they leave from town quite late and it will leave us to have less time in Florence? Crickey so confusing...just might have to leave Florence and just do Pisa? I've tried to do group private tour but everything booked up on roll call.....