Royal IQ - worth it?

We're leaving on Anthem of the Seas Saturday for Bermuda. Has anyone used the Royal IQ app ? I thought it would be a great way to communicate onboard if our group separates to set meeting up times. I read awful reviews on the apple store site. Any input?

We were a large group last March on Anthem. We pretty much all had the Royal IQ Texting package. Most had no issues during the whole cruise. A few in our group said they kept having to restart the app to connect to the service every so often. But someone told us to make sure our phones were set to the 24h clock mode and that it would help. Mine was already and I had very good success all week. By the time we found out about the 24h thing, there were only a few days left, but it seemed to fix the issue for this that had them, but like I said, we only had 2 days left. We found it to be very useful to communicate with our kids, or the other couples we were cruising with.

The most tedious job was manually entering all the unique contact numbers for every contact you wanted to add.

dp

I read awful reviews on the apple store site. Any input?

Compared to other apps, it may be awful, but it works, most of the time. The reviews may complain about other sections of the app, not just the texting portion. RCI has not updated the app in over a year and probably has no plans to ever update it since a replacement is on the way. BTW, if you are having lots of issues after you buy it, you can ask for a refund at GS.