Early Saver disappointment... tell me something good pls about the Liberty!

Reenie75

Liberty was our first cruise. My son was 5. He enjoyed it. We found enough to do without a waterworks. We have since done two more and have 3 booked. Liberty is what got us hooked on cruising. There is a water slide. And mini golf. The kids club had lots of stuff to do. Last day we did the family scavenger hunt and had a lot of fun. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to hear more about this scavenger hunt. I think our kids would love that!

It was a couple years ago but we had to go around the ship and take pictures of things from a list. We won a ship on a stick for getting back with the most pictures. It was a lot of fun.

It was a couple years ago but we had to go around the ship and take pictures of things from a list. We won a ship on a stick for getting back with the most pictures. It was a lot of fun.

Oh ok! So it was a cruise sanctioned scavenger hunt. I know they would enjoy that!

Just returned yesterday from Liberty. Took two grandkids ages 10 ( girl ) and 8 ( boy ). They had a blast. Cruise director " donkey " is very entertaining. :)

Did they do the kids camp stuff? If so, how was it?

Edited by rhyn0
sp

I feel your pain. I've booked ES before with no problem, but I got bit in the butt this past cruise. A month before the sail date, we found out our older son couldn't go (National Guard obligation) but our younger son could (summer internship ended 2 days earlier than scheduled). You can imagine what that cost us. Not going to let that happen again.

You asked for us to tell you good things about the Liberty, but I don't know what you want to know. We (husband and I (early 50's) and two of our kids (16 and 20) just got off the Liberty last week. I don't know the nature of the complaints your friends had or what you value on a cruise vacation, but we had a very good time on the Liberty. In fact, it was the best Carnival Cruise yet. The crew was friendly and the CD had a great personality. We were surprised how well crowd situation such as muster drill, port mornings and disembarkment were handled. The food in the dining room was good. The serving staff was great. They are obviously well-trained on the gluten-free situation. The buffet was okay, just limited. The layout of the buffet and the seating area get thumbs up from me. I've been on ships with better buffet offerings but horrible flow. That kills it for me. Even though the ship was packed, we never had trouble finding a place to sit inside or outside. When it came to lunch, our family headed for the alternative options - sushi, Guy burgers, tacos, pizza (for dd because they had gluten-free). All good and we don't usually eat fast food. The sushi was a pleasant surprise. Cheaper than the sushi made a the supermarket and much better.

Can't weigh in on the children's programming since the kids we brought are 16 and 20. Since it was only a 4-day cruise and two of them were port days, I can't imagine there was enough time to be bored. We didn't really consult the Fun Times that much. At night, we played games after dinner and when there was one, we enjoyed the comedy shows. Kids can attend the earlier show but not the late shows. Even if kids under 18 were allowed in, you definitely wouldn't want your 10 year old in the later show.

So, what did your friends say was so heinous about the Liberty? Just curious.

Edited by Silent Penguin
s

Have your friends ever been on a Carnival cruise? I find most people who say they would never sail on C never have. How do they think they have enough info for an opinion?

One thing that for my kids sets Carnival apart from the other lines is the family friendly comedy. They love sitting in a club with a Shirley Temple and feeling all grown up. And the comedians are always great. Also, a lot of the activities are very family friendly whether it be trivia or the Hasbro game show. They have always liked the dance lessons too. They do things like the dance for Thriller or other popular ones. The guy even managed to keep Thriller kid friendly. He had everyone grab their...belt.