Our experience with the Haven on Jewell class ships

Peachypooh

Just wanted to make a few comments because people are sometimes asking if the Haven on the Jewell class ships is worth it. My answer is "it depends". There are those cabins right on the Haven deck with direct access and those on decks 9 and 10 where you need to walk to get to the Haven. We have always been on decks 9 and 10 because that is where the cabins were we wanted.People right in the complex will have a different opinion maybe.

It depends on what you want from the Haven, the time of year you sail (school in session or not) and itinerary. Our first cruise was to Alaska and all we did was walk upstairs to see it and never went back. It was nice but we spent so much time in port and we had a forward facing cabin with balcony so we did not need it. I am sure there were those on our trip that wanted to relax in the common area but we felt it wasn't necessary.

The second time was the Panama Canal. It was definitely worth it. The pool areas were so crowded that it was so nice to sit in the Haven and order lunch and be in the peace and quiet. There were no children on that cruise that I could see that used the Haven. The last time was in the summertime with probably 800 kids on board and most of them seemed to be in the Haven pool being really loud plus the area where the snacks were were being accessed without using the serving utensils (because that is what kids do). If you were a parent with kids you might like it but we found it not to be serene at all.

So...Look at the itinerary, if school is in session, and if what the Haven offers is right for you. It is not a one size fits all. And I must add that the two bedroom two bath haven suites are gorgeous. Someone let us look at one. It is perfect for a family with children and since they are expensive they deserve to use the Haven. It is just that if you don't have kids with you it might be better to cruise at another time.

I was I the Haven in both the jewel class and away class ships. In my opinion there is no comparison. The Haven on the away class is so much better, I was on the Gem and really

Didn't like the courtyard, thought it was so small and only had the one pool and one hot tub. I was on the Breakaway in the summer when school was out and loved the courtyard. It had two waiting pools with lounge chairs that keep you cool when you sit in them. Also one pool, though not big it's ok. It also has two hot tubs. Didn't have a problem with children as there weren't not that many in courtyard. I also lived the Haven restaurant on Breakaway. Food was fantastic and service was top notch. Also the Haven lounge was good and the concierge has a desk there to. You don't have to look for concierge as you do on jewel class ships. On the Breakaway the Haven in a ship with in a ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was I the Haven in both the jewel class and away class ships. In my opinion there is no comparison. The Haven on the away class is so much better, I was on the Gem and really

Didn't like the courtyard, thought it was so small and only had the one pool and one hot tub. I was on the Breakaway in the summer when school was out and loved the courtyard. It had two waiting pools with lounge chairs that keep you cool when you sit in them. Also one pool, though not big it's ok. It also has two hot tubs. Didn't have a problem with children as there weren't not that many in courtyard. I also lived the Haven restaurant on Breakaway. Food was fantastic and service was top notch. Also the Haven lounge was good and the concierge has a desk there to. You don't have to look for concierge as you do on jewel class ships. On the Breakaway the Haven in a ship with in a ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just confirmed what our cabin steward told us. He said that he had worked on the Breakaway and was now on the Pearl. He said that the Haven area is so much better on the Breakaway. Thanks for your post.

Just wanted to make a few comments because people are sometimes asking if the Haven on the Jewell class ships is worth it.....And I must add that the two bedroom two bath haven suites are gorgeous. Someone let us look at one. It is perfect for a family with children and since they are expensive they deserve to use the Haven....

To clarify, there are many 2 BR suites located outside the haven that are physically the exact same suite. We have stayed in both and they are outstanding suites. I actually believe they are better than the OS. You get a MBR with a DOOR, and a living/dining area, and the little BR with it's own bath, and a door to the bedroom -like a mini inside.

The only cabins that can access the Haven are the OS and the suites located in the Haven area - pretty sure. Other suites located around the ship, including the 2BR do not get Haven access on the Jewel class.

We never even consider booking in the Haven on Jewel-class ships. The penthouse and 2-bedroom cabins are identical to the suites as are the perks with the one exception that Haven guests have access to a private viewing deck and courtyard with no bar or restaurant. On our upcoming Oz/NZ cruise we're booked in a 2-bedroom suite than cost $3000 for the identical cabin in the Haven. The Haven on the big ships is a different matter entirely.

We never even consider booking in the Haven on Jewel-class ships. The penthouse and 2-bedroom cabins are identical to the suites as are the perks with the one exception that Haven guests have access to a private viewing deck and courtyard with no bar or restaurant. On our upcoming Oz/NZ cruise we're booked in a 2-bedroom suite than cost $3000 for the identical cabin in the Haven. The Haven on the big ships is a different matter entirely.

I would pretty much agree. But, for some reason, our upcoming NYC-Quebec-NYC cruise, all the Haven cabins were sold out months ago, but there were still about 8 of the 2BR regular suites. Go figure?

And, the minimum upgrade quote is like $500 each - even though there are none - though one might open up if somebody moves to the one open GV or OS. (for those with upgrade/bid questions, there are a few other threads with that information)