Canaveral National Seashore for a day?

familycruzer

We are in port from 12 to 9 in early November and thinking about renting a car and going to Canaveral National Seashore to get my park passport stamp. Is it worth spending some time there or stamp and move on to something else? Quiet beach ? Walking trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Playalinda is about a 4 miles stretch of beach with 11 parking lots that have beach access and rest room facilities in the parking lots. The most northern parking lot is where the nature lovers hang out. I usually stick with Lots 1, 2, and 3 and have not seen any nudists because the Park Patrol usually comes by every so often and will issue citations because it isn't really allowed. make sure you bring everything you will need because there are no vendors out there. Here's a link with additional information.

If you look South from the beach, you will see part of the launch facilities of the Kennedy Space Center. The attached photo was taken from the beach access to Lot 3. Depending when in November you visit, SpaceX might be launching the SpaceX Falcon Heavy. If so, the beach will be packed. Here's a link to the launch list.

Stop at the Visitor Center to pick up a map of Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and ask the rangers what's happening that day. They will give you idea of the migratory birds sighted along Black Point Wildlife Drive or Biolab Road and if you will see manatee at Haulover Canal.

Launch Photo of United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 Aug 18, 2017

36669757565_cb14265394_c.jpg

Playalinda, which is part of Canaveral National Seashore, is the most beautiful beach in Central Florida. Please don't let a few nudists at the far end of the four-mile beach dissuade you from enjoying this glorious site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Playalinda is about a 4 miles stretch of beach with 11 parking lots that have beach access and rest room facilities in the parking lots. The most northern parking lot is where the nature lovers hang out. I usually stick with Lots 1, 2, and 3 and have not seen any nudists because the Park Patrol usually comes by every so often and will issue citations because it isn't really allowed. make sure you bring everything you will need because there are no vendors out there. Here's a link with additional information.

If you look South from the beach, you will see part of the launch facilities of the Kennedy Space Center. The attached photo was taken from the beach access to Lot 3. Depending when in November you visit, SpaceX might be launching the SpaceX Falcon Heavy. If so, the beach will be packed. Here's a link to the launch list.

Stop at the Visitor Center to pick up a map of Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and ask the rangers what's happening that day. They will give you idea of the migratory birds sighted along Black Point Wildlife Drive or Biolab Road and if you will see manatee at Haulover Canal.

Launch Photo of United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 Aug 18, 2017

36669757565_cb14265394_c.jpg

Wow, fantastic photo and information. We have discussed stopping by here also but really have been turned off by the thought of the nude beach. That looks great and will have to plan to check it out soon

Playalinda, which is part of Canaveral National Seashore, is the most beautiful beach in Central Florida. Please don't let a few nudists at the far end of the four-mile beach dissuade you from enjoying this glorious site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To each his own - I just won't be natural

Sent from my iPhone using Forums